Filtering a Repeating Group of Workers by Past Work Experiences Categories

I have a repeating group that displays all the workers in my database. Each workers have a few past work experiences. I created 2 databases for this purpose, one for Workers, and one for Past Experience.

Workers: Name, Past Experience Linkage
Past Experience: List of Category (text), Workers Linkage, Year

For example, James has 2 past work experiences, one for year 2020 and one for 2021. And each year has a set of categories. (Year 2020, category = “F&B”, “Service”. Year 2021, category = “Government”, “F&B”)

I have a repeating group that displays all the workers. I want to filter it by the category. I have a checkbox which users can select multiple categories. And I want the repeating group to only show Workers with Past Work Experiences that contain those categories.

What I have done is set the Type of content = Workers. However I realized that in the “Search For” function, I cannot set Workers’ Workers Linkage’s Category = Category checkbox selected. I tried using the filtered advanced method but it doesn’t work too.

Can anyone advise me? Thanks

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a project where I have a repeating group that displays all the workers in my database. Each worker has a few past work experiences. For this setup, I created two data types: Workers and Past Experience.

Data Types:

Workers:
-Name
-Past Experience Linkage (link to Past Experience)

Past Experience:
-Categories (List of text)
-Workers Linkage (link to Workers)

For example, James has two past work experiences (One of the category is F&B and another is Service).

I have a repeating group that displays all the workers. I want to filter this group by the categories of their past work experiences. I have checkboxes that allow users to select multiple categories, and I want the repeating group to only show workers who have past work experiences in the selected categories.

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

-Set the Type of content to Workers.
-In the “Search For” function, I attempted to filter using Workers’ Past Experience Linkage’s Category = Selected Category from checkboxes.
-I also tried using the advanced filtering method, but it didn’t work as expected.

I’m looking for advice on how to properly filter the repeating group to achieve this functionality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hoping to get some help here :pray:

Careful with list fields. If workers can have many past experiences, then it’s best to remove this field from the worker datatype

Is year saved on the past experience datatype or are you just referencing the created date of the record?

Hey thanks for the reply. Sorry for the confusion, i have edited my original post to explain my question better. Especially this part here: