Finally a (Real) Discord Server

For the oldest of you, who have probably already seen this subject, you surely think:
already seen, no need to pay attention

Well, you should read the following, it’ll interest you.

For those who don’t know what discord is, Lucky you, you will learn something amazing today. For those who already know, I invite you to skip the next paragraph.

Discord is a free app that combines the voice chat aspects of services like Skype and Teamspeak with the text chat aspects of Internet Relay Chat (IRC) and instant messaging services.
Discord was made for online gamers as a free alternative to voice chat services like TeamSpeak, Mumble, and Ventrilo. These services facilitate Voice over IP (VoIP) communication between members of gaming clans, guilds, and other groups. Instead of using the voice communication tools built into games, which are often of lower quality and lack features, gamers use these services to play together.
The downside is that most VoIP services require a server, which usually isn’t free. Some hosting companies provide a free VoIP server when a regular game server is rented. However, there is usually a cost associated with running a TeamSpeak, Mumble, or Ventrilo server.
Discord offers a similar service at no cost. The Discord app is free to download, signing up for a
Discord account is free, and anyone can create a Discord server for free.

All right, I got everybody back?
Good. As I said earlier, this topic has already arrived on the forum, why redo a thread?

Well, as you may already know, the (unofficial) server listed on the forum is dead. The moderator no longer seems to respond, all the channels are inactive.
As soon as a newcomer joins the server, he is automatically chased by the ghosts of inactive members, in short, a vision of an abandoned village, nothing reassuring.

It is a basic server, without too many categories or colors, in short not difficult to do better. That’s why I want to bring you my expertise in the field.

Several servers to my credit, university or company, I managed a good dozen servers, all having at least a hundred people.

That’s all well and good, but to what extent would it be a benefit for you? Well, first, we can categorize three types of people.

• The people who are there to ask only for help and leave like savages

• People who are there to give advice and help people, are rare people because it takes time

• And people who want to have a good time, with an exchange of information from time to time, give and take.

Well, for the first two types of people, I propose a system of rules.

• An automatic verification bot to avoid bot accounts that saturate space

• The implementation of threads with a redirection to the forum for very technical questions will be done, without however weighing down the navigation of users.

• Several categories, bots, visual aspects, and channels worked will beautify the server’s view and improve the user experience.

In addition, I thought it would be interesting to add a legal and security aspect to the server, aspects that were far too set aside when designing applications or websites.

Obviously, this discord server does not replace the forum. Discord is an instant chat community tool that also allows having voice communication channels, which allows help in another way for some people.

Finally, other features will be available.
Conferences, webhook and RSS feeds to keep abreast of news, communication with the Bubble.io website, a possible partnership, role management, and why not, setting up lives (twitch ?) to learn Bubble with projects.

As you can understand, I can bring you the environment and technical expertise alone, but I cannot bring the community.
It’s up to you to do the hardest job, which is to join that waiter and bring it to life.

Join this community, present yourself and your project, take part in this universe and make things happen. You will find both the answers you are looking for, but will most likely be able to provide at least as many answers.
I’m counting on you to bring this project to life, and believe me, a lot more things are going to happen because it’s all just beginning.

Thank you all reading me and feel free to join the discord server :

1 Like

[Update]
Hello everyone,
Thanks for joining the discord server.
The verification procedure requires (for now) the Web.

When you log on to the server, you can accept the rules by clicking on “Read and accept the rules” as below:

You will then see the verification bot appear in your PM list.
This one sends you a message with a window containing a link to the form captcha.bot

This link is shortened for sending you to the verification page.

To do this, you simply need to log in with your discord account and complete a captcha.
Once done, a confirmation will be sent in PM under the previous verification link

Once this is done, you will receive the Bubbler role which gives you access to all the server lounges.

The new Thread Forum feature will come very soon

I will continue to keep you informed about the progress on this thread, I wish you a good day, and thank you for reading me.

Not explicitly trying to rain on this parade but can you explain the value of a discord server for discussing Bubble in English when this forum is already doing that almost perfectly?

I’ve seen Bubble discords in other languages that have a lot of activity… and there’s a separate community that’s not on discord that’s in Portuguese (may even be more active than this one). The value of all of these is clear - a concentration of same language speaking Bubblers.

To me, the reason for why the previous English discord died is rather clear - the official forum already has critical mass… but please educate me.

2 Likes

Hey Zelus, thank you for replying.

I totally agree with you that without a community, a Discord server is useless. However, you enlightened the fact that it might also be useful to have other languages. In fact, I already had some thoughts about it. I was patiently waiting for people to come in order to create new channels. language specialized.

You might ask why not do that earlier before starting the server. In fact, the more different channels you have, the fewer people will communicate. This is a known bias that is also true in daily life, the more choice you have, the less you can take a decision. That’s why I purposely didn’t create language channels (for now).

It’s on the Road Map for sure when more people will come.
Also, one of the aspects is when you’re the only one speaking your language at the creation of the server, you might chat alone on the channels and it can also be repulsive for new people .

Well, I try to add some common sense and do things step by step.
I hope this answers your question

Thanks @tesssscela ,

However, I share the same reasoning of @zelus_pudding, what’s the added value of a Discord in English language given this quite dynamic forum which has already reached the critical mass ?

1 Like

Hello Redvivi,

If you have seen my previous message, I think you have already understood that there will be other languages, as much as necessary depending on the people who will appear on the server.

I don’t quite understand your message. Are you saying that the server should not have English? Since the forum is already in English, is that it?

Having a Discord server allows two things:
The first is to be able to create events, live performances, conferences, much more pronounced interaction than through simple messages on a forum.

Having languages increases the community by removing the language barrier.

However, as I explained earlier, diversifying immediately with many languages can also be a hindrance. For example, if no one in my language can answer my problem, how will I be able to solve it?
I’m going to have to post a Thread on the forum? Which one is in English. And that’s where the inconsistency comes from.

But what if I don’t want long explanations, and only quick information? If I don’t want my comment or problem to be exposed on the internet?

Anything else, if I want to talk to people from all walks of life? If I want to talk to people from other continents who don’t speak my language? Even in vocal, why not?

Removing English will not bring people closer together, on the contrary, it will simply bring smaller communities together without allowing for a better understanding.In fact, the interest is to be able to gather around English, so that as many people as possible have access to technology, and that there is a passing of knowledge, between people who master English, regardless of their nationality, to those who master it less.

I’m a big believer in that, and for those who think it can’t work, I’m more than happy to hear your arguments for us to discuss that.

The invite link doesn’t seem to work anymore. Can you link an updated invite please? Thanks!

1 Like