FLOPPY: Plugin for localStorage, sessionStorage, IndexedDB storage, List Creation/Manipulation, Iteration, and More! Now with even more video docs!

Hey @konrad1, the Iterate feature in List Shifter executes a single workflow iteratively. This is often what we want to do, but there are cases where this might fail or won’t give enough flexibility. The similar feature in Floppy is called “Step Mode” and, rather than automatically executing some single workflow over a list, gives you a “Next Step” (and also a “Previous Step” action) that let you advance to the next iteration item by executing that action. (Like List Shifter, you don’t need to worry about whether you’re on the last item or not, Floppy just stops sending Step Triggers when you’ve stepped the entire list).

While this isn’t as technically sexy as the way its done in List Shifter, it’s actually more flexible as, for example, you could have branching workflows, conditional workflows, etc. if you needed them. It’s also a little more friendly in that it spits out the full list you’re iterating over to its own output, and exposes both the 1-based and 0-based index of the current iteration index, as well as the current iteration item. (So, in this way, it’s exactly like the various array methods in JavaScript.

I walk through this feature and talk a bit about its differences from List Shifter in the following video (which also covers other iteration methods provided by Floppy - the “List Math” and “Code: Array Method” actions):

There’s a lot of other stuff in the Floppy plugin collection, including some utility elements, SSAs, and some experimental stuff that I haven’t really documented. I’ll be regularly adding new stuff to the collection over time, so it’s a great value and at some point the price will likely go up (though this has not happened yet).

1 Like