FLOPPY: Plugin for localStorage, sessionStorage, IndexedDB storage, List Creation/Manipulation, Iteration, and More! Now with even more video docs!

Here’s a Part 2 of my demo of using Floppy’s drag/drop features. In this video, I talk about how we can make items drag/droppable between Repeating Groups using the “Drag Group Name” field in the main Floppy interface. I demonstrate the different options you have (such as allowing an group to accept or reject new items, enforce “Bubble style” no duplicates behavior, and other options. Along the way, I discover a slightly funky behavior with drag groups that may or may not be a bug… I’m still not sure! Anyway, enjoy some (shorter! just 17 minutes) with @keith:

Edit: And I did find and fix a little bug that was causing Floppy elements with “drag group” set to always have the same drag group name. However, fixing this doesn’t seem to change the behavior of the sortable instance. (Basically, it looks like if an element can receive items, it will accept them from some other source. It’s possible I misunderstand the sortable API here and will look into that more in future. Certainly not a deal-breaker, but not the behavior I was expecting!) Anyway, that change is in Floppy 1.9.29 which I just pushed.

Also: the much longer Part 1 of this tutorial is here:

1 Like