Forcing password expiration

Is there any way to periodically force a password expiration, so the user has to replace it with a new one?

Many thanks in advance,

Alex

There are many ways to do this. Simply refusing access to the site after a certain date is one to go (for example with a popup or redirect that forces you to reset the password). If you describe how you’d like it to work in detail, we can try to make some more detailed suggestions.

Thanks Petter,
What I had in mind is to have each user password expire N days after the last time it was changed.
Unfortunately, I could not find a way to determine when was the last time a user changed her password.

Many thanks,

Alex

When they hit the confirm button on the password reset, you can schedule an API workflow for whatever point in the future you want the reset to happen. You’d use a value like, “Current date/time +30” or whatever increment you want.

That may work well. Thank you!

Now that I think of it more, I guess I could modify the password change workflow to save the date for the next password change date in a field in the User Table when the user changes it and then check that date at login time…

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.