[format] Displaying information from database

I have a data type and within that data type I have something called “updates”, which stores text, with “this field is a list (multiple entries)” checked. Well on one page, I allow for users to provide updates in text format, which then gets posted onto a totally different page.

On the page that displays the updates, it is displaying the information in a line and I want there to be double spacing between each list item.

So for example, currently it’s displaying like this:

“1) this is a test update 2) this is another test update”

Instead I want it to display like this:

"1) this is a test update

1. this is another test update"

…I know I can achieve this by making the actually data type itself “updates”, then displaying it with a repeating group, instead of having “updates” inside the data type. However, that’s not how I want to do it. It’s too complicated that way and feels to much like a work around, for how it should be done. There has to be an easier way.

Anyone know how to achieve this?

Does anyone have any ideas? I’m still stumped…

All I need it to do is have it display the list of text double spaced. There seems to be no way to do it…

Can you provide a screenshot of data you’re displaying. You should be able to just hit return and it will add a space.

Below: I give a user a multiline text input field to type in an update

Process 1 where they type

Below: In the database, within a Datatype there is a field that is labeled “Updates” where the information is stored.

Process 2 how it's stored in database

Below: However, when I call for it to be displayed on a completely different page, it’s displaying in a line.

Process 3 how it actually displays

I want it to display like this instead:

This is a test 1

This is a test 2

…I want it to display double spaced, each time a user adds another update.

You’ll need to use the line break feature. 25 PM

That worked like a charm!! Thanks you!

I didn’t even know there was a line break feature. I had to type in it manually because it’s not accessible within the menu of available options.

Thanks again!!

If you need to index the entries, you’ll be better off using a repeating group though. You’ll also be able to space them how you want.

23 PM

Yeah, this really is the use case for a repeating group. Just curious, what about the repeating group was it that didn’t fit for you here?

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.