šŸ—“ [FREE Plugin] Air Date/Time Picker

I have a query about the Air Date/Time Picker. I emailed @seanhoots about it since it is in relation to the Air Calendar plugin, to which I just subscribed, but thought I would also ask here in case I can avoid Sean some support work.

In Seanā€™s demo app for Air Calendar, the Initial Content of the Air Date Picker is invisible. I canā€™t get mine to do the same. Any ideas? https://seanhootsdemopro.bubbleapps.io/version-test/calendar_demo?debug_mode=true

Demo editor link

Hi there,

I discovered that enabling the ā€˜auto positionā€™ checkbox causes chrome to throw a console error iFits is not defined at runtime when the picker is clicked. Subsequently executed JS on the page starts acting wonky as a result of this error.

The likely culprit is on line 406 in the ā€˜updateā€™ function code of the plugin)
406 if (!iFits) {
ā€¦

It looks like there is a loop below that which tests the placement of the picker window in various positions and sets iFitsto true if it a position is valid and ā€˜fitsā€™, however it looks like the variable iFitsis not explicitly defined anywhere inside the update function and so when it is tested on 406 it is undefined and throws this error.

Great plugin!

1 Like

Hi,
Did you ever get an answer on this matter? I have the same kind of general error when clicking the pickers in reusable popups. It doesnā€™t seem to prevent my app from working, but itā€™s weird to get a bug alert under normal operationsā€¦ Thx!

Plus, I wonder if it could be linked to another problem I havenā€™t seen in any posts yet: Whenever I use the ā€˜block datesā€™ feature in such reusable popups (with a thing listing dates picked from an air date/time picker on another page), the app stops working ā€“ with a slow progress bar appearing at the top of the browserā€™s preview page but no other error showing in the debugger.

This happens in Chrome as well as in Edge. Iā€™m new to bubble and Iā€™m not proficient at all in coding, so it my be my building of the app thatā€™s causing the problem, but I wonder if anyone has encountered the same issue?

Iā€™ve heard nothing, and every indication from other messages is that Sean Hoots has bailed out from any engagement with the Bubble community.

I am still working on installing a replacement for Air Date/Time Pick strictly for picking times.

It will look something like this:

I will continue to use the standard Bubble date/time picker for picking dates and Iā€™ve combined them when needed in something that looks like this:

used where time is optional.

This is a real pain to do in ā€œnativeā€ Bubble and I have none of the skills needed for building a plugin.

Best of luck with what youā€™re doing, but my advice is to eliminate Air Date/time Pick (and Dropper and anything else from Sean Hoots).

Thatā€™s too badā€¦ And it points out a general issue I have in my evaluation of Bubble: itā€™s nice that the community provides a lot of plugins (although with no trial offer for premiumsā€¦), but it seems that an app can easily become completely dependant on them, with no assurance at all that theyā€™ll remain functional in the long run. And itā€™s kind of a big turn-off: itā€™s probably safer to build with bubble-made components only, but then you have to give up a lot of cool or very useful featuresā€¦ I mean, although itā€™s annoying, I donā€™t mind a broken saved-game due to an outdated add-on in my personal life, but thatā€™s not something I could afford with a professional appā€¦ So, a lot of thinking ahead before bringing my company to bubbleā€¦ Anyway, thanks a lot for your feedback!

1 Like

It is a valid concern that hundreds of plugins are developed by anybody with the tech skills but no assurance of long-term support. As far as I can tell, Bubble is doing nothing to protect its community.

You might find these interesting:

and continue to read my dialog with @ted.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Hi,

I got this error, could you help?

@ZeroqodeSupport

The update with version number 3.3.0 broke the plugin. It does not display the date and when I click on the element nothing happens.

When I switch to 3.2.0 the plugin does what it should do.

2 Likes

Saw this to. Reverted back a version to restore functionality.

@ZeroqodeSupport

Iā€™m having issues with the plugin creating errors

The plugin Air Date/Time Picker / element Air Date/Time Picker threw the following error: TypeError: instance.data.fn_initializeCalendar is not a function at eval (PLUGIN_Air-Date-Time-Picker-updateā€“Air-Date-Time-Picker-.js:483:23) at https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/2aa9b6ef2d9bebdde7458c2d85853d1f3dee23cea5e8dccde1edd94be518edb5/xfalse/x12:6:1908691 (please report this to the plugin author)

09:58:22

Element Date Start-Filter

The plugin Air Date/Time Picker / element Air Date/Time Picker threw the following error: TypeError: instance.data.fn_initializeCalendar is not a function at eval (PLUGIN_Air-Date-Time-Picker-updateā€“Air-Date-Time-Picker-.js:483:23) at https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/2aa9b6ef2d9bebdde7458c2d85853d1f3dee23cea5e8dccde1edd94be518edb5/xfalse/x12:6:1908691 (please report this to the plugin author)

I also had to revert back to the version 3.2.0 as mentioned in posts from a few days ago.

2 Likes

@ZeroqodeSupport Iā€™m also seeing this behavior unfortunately.

1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport ,+1 getting this error messageā€¦ :cry:

The plugin Air Date/Time Picker / element Air Date/Time Picker threw the following error: TypeError: instance.data.fn_initializeCalendar is not a function
at eval (PLUGIN_Air-Date-Time-Picker-updateā€“Air-Date-Time-Picker-.js:483:23)
at https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/1edcd7bfecb8c0d12120d4b1acfea5738a5829526bf549ae4e6e2b4e2f06b082/xfalse/x12:6:1909019 (please report this to the plugin author)

Thanks!

1 Like

:tada: :confetti_ball:

Working fine nowā€¦

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Is there any way to make the output of the time zone value entered in Date be displayed in 24 decimal instead of 12 decimal?

Is there any way to make the output of the time zone value entered in Date be displayed in 24 decimal instead of 12 decimal? (The value input itself should be in 24 decimal as shown in the picture.

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 03.24.09
Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 03.24.17

Hi @company1 , thanks for your question.

To be able to display the time in 24 decimal, you need to apply the corresponding format in output.
For example - see how it looks in the plugin demo:

See this guide on how the required format could be set up.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello,

I wanted to know if it was possible to display the calendar by week?
I will explain you quickly why.

My professional users will be able to schedule their session by time, day and session. So their clients need to be able to see the appointments by week in order to book an appointment.

So is it possible to display the calendar by week or to display the first of the week on a specific date so that the client can see the availability of the rest of the week?
So is it possible to apply the Availability data to all weeks?

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi @dnadir23, thanks for reaching out.

Iā€™m afraid that the current plugin functionality doesnā€™t provide such functionality. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Kindly note that as it is a free plugin, with available source code, you can adjust it considering the requirements of your project.

Hope it helps. In case any other plugin-related questions will appear, please let us know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @callum, thanks for reaching out.

Weā€™ve checked the pluginā€™s settings on our side, and the font weighting is working well.

Summary

Could you please share your case conditions (screenshots and/or screencasts of your setup - workflows, plugin settings ) on which you get such a bug?
That will help us to identify the possible cause of your issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @callum, thanks for your patience.

Weā€™ve made a small bugfix for the issue with placeholder fonts weighting.
Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version (3.7.0 - font-weight displaying fix), refresh the application, and give it a try.

In case there will be any other plugin-related questions, please let us know, we will be glad to help :slightly_smiling_face:.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team