🗓 [FREE Plugin] Air Date/Time Picker

Screen-Recording-2022-10-19-at-9.32.27-AM

I have this bug using autobinding, when unselect the date should clear the date but doesnt, and the clear button are not in Spanish neither

Hi @yorgio1024, thanks for your message.

In your setup, to confirm a date selection, it is required to press the “OK” button. The option with buttons confirmation can be removed by unchecking the “Show buttons” option:

When the date is cleared, the current date is showing. In case you want to display something different instead, please use the placeholder option.

The developer team will check this moment, what could be done in this regard.

In any support is still required, please drop a message here.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello @cha_james
Thank you so much for your patience. :pray:
ï»ż
ï»żWe updated the plugin and fixed the issue with the visibility of the v2 element in mobile view. Kindly ask you to upgrade your plugin to the latest version (3.38.0.) and give it a try.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

I upgraded to the latest plugin version and now the input is not working at all.

Video: https://s3.amazonaws.com/appforest_uf/f1666291929041x712423422652283000/plugin-example.mp4

Hello @jordanryankennedy_as,

We’ve tested the latest version but unfortunately, the issue you have reported is not reproducing on our side. If you can provide us with the exact steps to reproduce the reported issue (setup, workflows) - we will be happy to help you out.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @yorgio1024, here are some good news

We’ve pushed a plugin update that fixed the “Clear” button translation, and a few more issues.

To check it, please update your plugin to version 3.39.0: Fixed: button “Clear” translation, autoclose when selecting a date, AM/PM parameters, plugin element conditions.

Have a good weekend ahead! Drop us a message if there will be any other plugin related questions that we can help with :wink:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hi, @ZeroqodeSupport. I have an issue with air date/time picker: when select date range it auto set a date Jan 1, 1970 3:00 am.

Hello @serhiiburbelo,
Please accept our apologies for the late reply. :pray:t2:

First of all, as we can understand from the screenshot you’ve provided, you’re using the old plugin element (Air Date/Time Picker). Please let us suggest you use the new plugin element (Air Date/Time Picker v2) as it contains the latest library and a lot of new tools.

As for the issue, please use the “clear selected dates” action on the page load and let us know how it’s going. :slightly_smiling_face:

Summary

In case this doesn’t help, we would like to kindly ask you to share the details like the element properties screenshots and detailed guidance on how to reproduce your issue.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

There are a number of issues with this plugin trying to do something simple, like change the border colour when the field is selected. Of course there is a picker that pops up, but to be in keeping with other elements, a change in border colour is desirable.

Can this please be added as an option to have a a different border colour when selected.

Thanks!

Hello, @SJL
Thanks for reaching out.

Please not that the plugin has no ability to change the dynamic style, unfortunately. However, there is a way to achieve your goal.

You can simply place the V2 plugin element in a group. So, we can use the condition in this group. Thus, the plugin element will not has borders and we will use group’s borders for this function. Another thing you need in this case is the “Clear selected dates” action when the page loads. We’ve made a short video for a better understanding, here:

Hope it would be helpful for you.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

I have been doing this by setting a state when the picker is shown, which I then use to change the border colour with a condition. This works great in 3.18, and seems to also work in V1 of the latest version, but does not work in V2

You can see this here Xig-test-4 | Bubble Editor

I’m also requesting that you add this as a capability of the plugin - it should be very easy to have a different border colour when active, rather than having to jump through hoops to do it

Hello, @SJL
Thanks for the provided link.

As was noted earlier, there is no possibility to make it dynamically. However, we will discuss with our team whether is it possible to improve this feature.
Currently, you can use a workaround, proposed in our latest message.

As we can see, the border color us changed on click, so we presume that it’s working (even if it v2 element).

In case we missed something, please let us know.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

V2: Inital values not respected?

I upgraded to v2 and am having some issues. The main one is that the initial values are not respected when saving to the database. I am using a pop-up to display task data. The date range is already set in the database. It shows up fine in date picker v2:
When I modify the database though, it submits a blank value and continues to show as above. When I close the popup and open it again for the same data, it still shows, but the dates are not in the database. If I select them again using datepicker v2, then they appear in the database again.

So, what is happening is that the display of the dates in Date Picker is always correct, but the values are only saving to the database when they are re-selected in Date Picker v2. If they are not re-selected in DataPicker v2, they are saved as null.

Any ideas?

Hello @TekaTeki,
Thanks for reaching out!

We would like to ask you to share with us the details of your plugin setup (screenshots, video recordings) and the expected result so that we can replicate your use case and provide proper feedback on this.

The detailed visualization of the issue you have will help us understand what can cause it. :pray:

For the screencast recording, we can suggest using the Loom tool.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

okay, thanks for this
 yes, I guess I first want to see if this is a common issue or just my issue but now that we are having a discussion:

The issue occurs when I save the task. The save workflow modifies the thing: like this:

When I load the task in a popup, the correct task is the source of the data as we can see in the title at the popup task correctly referring to the portfolio review task.
Note that the dates are also correct and the same as the dates for that Task thing as in a repeating group on the main page.

So everything looks good. Then I go to save the task without modifying any data. This triggers the workflow and the task is modified. The dates in the popup for that task remain the same as the image above. Seems good
 but

The task thing has lost its dates, now set to null, as if the initial dates were not used at all.

i open the popup again and the dates show as undefined.

So i go to selecte the dates again
click save and my dates are back.

What this seems like to me is that Bubble is not using the initial dates, although they are visible to the user. It is as if when it loads a Task thin, and shows the initial dates, they are not available to set to the thing’s data.

I hope this helps to see the issue.

Thanks.

Hi @TekaTeki,
Thank you for providing access. :pray:

I’ve carefully investigated your app and here is the result:

First of all, the problem was that the selected dates were empty while we were editing the task. As you said the initial dates appear to be correct but the dates are deleted from the database because we didn’t select “new” dates when we try to edit/save them. Thus, when we save the task without any changes, we don’t see any date since it’s empty in the database.

I’ve added a new event as an example and the dates are displayed correctly. Here:

Also here is a short video for a better understanding: https://www.loom.com/share/7df2c3a3280949ceb428013ed4d4f339

In this case, you need to change the logic I’m afraid. I would like to suggest you create separate events to save task (create a new task and make changes to the task) and add this condition (Screenshot by Lightshot) to save the task with previously selected dates if no changes have been made.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hey @ZeroqodeSupport,

Thanks for continuing to support this free plugin, it’s the best.

I’m having a bug at the moment with auto-binding. I’m using single dates only. When the single date is selected in the date picker dropdown, the value appears for a second in the Airpicker input, and then disappears and is replaced by the placeholder.

It seems the date is saved in the database, but the field remains clear and only has the placeholder. If I reload the page, the date saved in the database is displayed in the field, but if I try to change it, the same bug reproduces and clears the input.

I haven’t set initial content or changed any other values from the default Airpicker settings. Just enabled autobinding. The privacy rules are correctly configured for autobinding.

Hello again, @richardosborne14.

We tried to recreate your use case on our test page and indeed the plugin element is “flashing” after its value was changed. But it happens for a part of the second and the picked date is displayed on the plugin element right after.

That flashing thing may happen because after you change the plugin value by picking a date, the Auto-binding workflow is triggered. And then the plugin pushes a new value to the plugin element to replace the placeholder. Please take a look:

If there is not something you mean, please provide a short video record to explain us your case. Thanks!

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Okay, thanks
 I guess I had incorrectly understood that initial dates would be treated the same as selected dates for the purposes of saving to the database.

1 Like

Hey! I’m using the picker as a range and I noticed that when I have the default view set to years the days show in Russian not English when using the picker.