🗓 [FREE Plugin] Air Date/Time Picker

Hello! Could you tell me please are there any ways to edit time inputs manually instead/or as addition to a time trigger?

Hello @tango_advisor, :wave:

Currently, the Air Date/Time Picker plugin does not provide an option for users to edit time inputs manually. The plugin is designed primarily with a time picker interface to ensure that the time format is consistent and to avoid errors that might occur with manual entry.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we understand how manual input could be beneficial in certain use cases. I’ll make sure to include your suggestion in the list of ideas for our developers to consider for future updates of the plugin.

We are always looking to improve our plugins and value the feedback and suggestions from our user community.

Thank you for your input.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi all -

I may have stumbled into a bug related to timezones.

I have to use the date picker in the Europe/Rome timezone, so I set it up as such. I then provided it a list of dates to block, and… it seems to be blocking the wrong days. (Please note that I am in the US, East Coast).

See screenshots below.

Screenshot from 2024-03-28 23-48-24
Screenshot from 2024-03-28 23-48-06
Screenshot from 2024-03-28 23-47-05

Note for example April 7 - it is clearly blocked on the list, yet it shows on the calendar.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello @p.demarino, :wave:

Thank you for your message. When you provide a list of dates to block in a specific timezone (Europe/Rome in your case), but you’re located in a different timezone (US, East Coast), the plugin should convert those dates to the timezone you’ve set (Europe/Rome) and block them accordingly. If it’s not doing so, it may be a bug or a misconfiguration.

Here are a few steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Verify that the timezone in your plugin settings is correctly set to Europe/Rome and that the dates are provided in the correct format expected by the plugin.

2. Review Date Format: Ensure that the format of the blocked dates matches the plugin’s expected date format. Timezone issues can often be related to discrepancies in date formats.

3. Make sure you are using the latest version of the plugin, as updates contain fixes.

4. Local vs Plugin Timezone: There may be a conflict between your local timezone and the timezone set in the plugin. Try setting the plugin to your local timezone to see if it correctly blocks the dates, which can help identify if the issue is related to the timezone conversion.

If these steps don’t resolve the issue, we would appreciate it if you could provide:

• The exact list of dates and the format you are using to block dates.
  • Details about the timezone settings of your device and your Bubble application.
  • Detaied steps to reproduce the issue.

This information will help us further investigate the issue.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hello,

Could someone explain the expected behavior of the timezone feature?

Why are there two timezone dropdowns? If I use dynamic does it override the other?
Are those the only timezone names that the plugin respects?

When I save a date and time in Eastern (ET) timezone then refresh the page, the time is then displayed back in my current timezone(Western, Pst).

Am I missing something? Seems like the first timezone dropdown is affecting the plugin.

Does the first timezone drop down need to be dynamic as well? This way the time picker can show the time in the database previously selected from a different timezone from the users current timezone?

Also, is there way to set a default time? Current time vs something like 12:00am.

Hello @rosshelton ,
I hope this message reaches you in good spirits.

When I save a date and time in Eastern (ET) timezone then refresh the page, the time is then displayed back in my current timezone(Western, Pst).I missing something?

The plugin’s functionality is influenced by the way Bubble saves data it will display the saved date according to your local time (W PST), for the user it will display it according to his local time.

TimeZone field is responsible for how it is saved into the database so the data there will be saved as ET timezone if you check with inspect even though the date displayed will be according to your local time when you select the date State of the Selected Date will be correctly saved according to how what Timezone you have chosen.

You can see here an example of the date displaying according to my local time Eastern European Time

But in the database, it will be saved as Eastern time zone (Usa)

Seems like the first timezone dropdown is affecting the plugin.
The first TimeZone field allows you to set it as a static value, but the plugin will prioritize the DynamicTimeZone

And leave the Time Zone Field as it previously was

Does the first timezone drop down need to be dynamic as well? This way the time picker can show the time in the database previously selected from a different timezone from the users current timezone?

As i don’t know the exact setup you have, i can give you a suggestion you can set the initial date as the following Current User>The Field from your database responsible for saving the date of your Air Date/Time picker Element.

How this will work:
Before Refresh

After refresh

Also, is there a way to set a default time? Current time vs something like 12:00am.

Yes, you can use the Custom date format field and customize the date according to your needs.

Please find for reference the list of supported standard time formats.
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/spss-statistics/saas?topic=formats-date-time

If my suggestions don’t fit your use case please provide us screenshots and screencasts of your workflow setup how are you saving the data, and the Air D/T picker element settings especially how you have set the initial date, the issue you see, and the expected result, for screencast recording (I can suggest using the Loom tool).

Please record a video in step-by-step mode, and share a link with us so we can understand better your use case.

These details will help us reproduce your setup on our side and look into it.

Thank you once again and looking forward to your reply.
All the best, :slightly_smiling_face:
Zeroqode Support Team

Thank you for all that helpful information!

I made a little video to demonstrate the issue I’m having.

Essentially I want to display a time from the database that adjusts to a selected timezone.

Below are my settings.
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 9.16.04 AM

Hello @rosshelton,
We hope this message reaches you in good spirits.

Essentially I want to display a time from the database that adjusts to a selected timezone.

I understand that displaying the time from the database and adjusting it to the selected timezone would be beneficial for your use case, unfortunately, currently, this is not possible.

As previously mentioned the timezone functionality within our plugin relies on Bubble’s inherent logic for handling timezones. This means that the picker always displays the time local to the user. When a timezone is specified in an element, the plugin calculates the time difference and reflects this in the states of the element.

This is a general limitation of all-time picker plugins, bubble’s own T/Picker operates the same way please find this Test page where we tried different scenarios including adding Bubble’s plugin. Unfortunately, we cannot influence how Bubble operates, but we can provide you with a suggestion:

We recommend using the “Current date/time” as the Initial Date in your setup. This approach ensures that you’re starting with a baseline that is consistent regardless of the user’s local timezone, and adapting your workflow around it.

We truly wish we could have done more to directly address your issue. :pensive:
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support.

Hi - so I tested the app quite a bit. It must have to do with the timezone conversion.

Look at the debugging screenshots I pasted previously - Apr 7 was blocked. And it’s blocked both in the page timezone and in the timezone I set on the component.

Thank you for follow up. It’s essential to understand that when dealing with timezones, the actual moment of time (in UTC) is what matters, not the local representation of that time. For April 7 to appear blocked, the UTC moment corresponding to midnight of April 7 in Rome must be the one that’s blocked.

How it works (based on Chisinau and New York timezones):

For Guys from Chisinau:

1. Element timezone: America/New_York.

2. The plugin will calculate the time for New York in the state. The time in the picker is Mar 5, 6:00 pm. The time in the element state is Mar 6, 1:00 am. We added +7 hours from local time.

3. We are saving the date from the element state in the Bubble database, exactly Mar 6, 1:00 am. This date becomes as blocked date.

4. We know that difference of time is +7.

5. For correctly indicates the blocked dates in the picker, from all blocked dates we remove -7 hours. We will obtain the correct blocked date for picker.

We go in New York:

• In the meantime, the Bubble converted the blocked date from database. Bubble removed -7 hours from blocked date. This is the reason why we added +7 hours from Chisinau.

For Guys from New York:

1. Element timezone: America/New_York or Current/User/Timezone. Doesn’t matter.

2. The plugin will take the blocked dates from database. Already converted.

3. The plugin will use the local time. No need to calclulate the any difference.

4. The blocked dates in picker from New York contains the same date that was selected from Chisinau, exactly Mar 5, 6:00 pm.

You could try setting your PC time to Rome time and you will see that the correct dates will be blocked.

We hope this helps. :pray:

Best Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Ok - thank you. As a matter of feedback, it’s a bit confusing that the plugin would ask for a timezone to work in on its settings, and then refer to the local timezones in doing the math about blocked days.

To be clear, the issue I am observing is that I am passing the UTC time corresponding to the midnight of Apr 7 in Rome, and I get the wrong day blocked.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We understand the confusion regarding how timezones are managed.

The behavior occurs because Bubble automatically converts times based on the viewer’s timezone. This feature is designed to ensure that users across different locations see times that are relevant to them, but it can introduce challenges when dealing with timezone-specific functionalities like blocking out dates or times.

Bubble’s automatic conversion can affect the final outcome, especially if there’s a mismatch between the plugin’s expected timezone and how Bubble adjusts times for the user’s local timezone.

If there’s anything else you’d like to discuss or if you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hello @rosshelton ,
I hope you are doing well.

I’m excited to share that in the last version 3.88.0 of the Air Date Time Picker we optimized and improved multiple aspects of the plugin. Namely:
Value change event, Reset and Clear actions, the Blocked & Initial Dates fields.

Could you kindly update the plugin within your app to this latest version and confirm whether everything is now operating smoothly?

Feel free to explore these plugin functionalities in your app, and If everything is functioning well, we would appreciate it if you could leave a plugin rate, by going to the Plugins tab in the Bubble editor and giving it as many stars as it deserves

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble.

Thanks again for your patience and cooperation.
Take care! :dizzy:
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hello,

Could you tell me what you did with the timezones? I’m not seeing any changes on my end? What new behavior should I be noticing?

Hello @rosshelton,
I hope this message reaches you in good spirits. :slightly_smiling_face:

Could you tell me what you did with the time zones? I’m not seeing any changes on my end? What new behavior should I be noticing?

Sorry for the confusion, this update, unfortunately, cannot provide a solution for your use case.

As previously mentioned the timezone functionality within our plugin relies on Bubble’s inherent logic for handling timezones and we cannot influence that.:pensive:

This is a general limitation of all-time picker plugins, the bubble’s own Time/Picker operates the same way. We provided more details about this issue in the message above.

If you have any additional plugin-related questions feel free to reach out to us at any time.
Kind regards :dizzy:,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hi - this is very confusing. I have now set the plugin to the Europe/Rome timezone, am passing dates that are correct in Europe/Rome time, and yet I get the wrong days blocked out. My computer is also set to Europe/Rome.

(Note how Apr 14 should have been blocked, but it’s not)

Let me rephrase the question: in order to reliably block a date out for a computer in a given timezone, how should I create the date object? I.e., if I want to block out Apr 14 on a computer in timezone XYZ, what Date object should I pass?

Screenshot from 2024-04-12 01-00-21

1 Like

Hello!
@ZeroqodeSupport Air Date Time Picker plugin does not work. The date selector will open in the top left corner and you won’t be able to select a date. Screenshot by Lightshot
This happens in all applications.

3 Likes

Hey everyone,
Thank you for your message and for reporting the issue.

We would like to inform you that the CDN server where the Plugin library is stored is currently down.
https://unpkg.com/@popperjs/core@2

Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.

We will keep you updated here. :raised_hands:
Zerqoode Support Team.

1 Like

Hello. When will this issue be resolved?

1 Like

Hey , few questions here ; Why it has happened , and in what frequency this happens ?

1 Like