🔥 Funding makers

Picture this: You’re building all your ideas. And someone is paying you just for that.

Products you build don’t have to be making money. You don’t have to sell them. You just have to build.

I’m experimenting with various ideas on creating an X that will enable makers concentrate on building and do nothing else.

Is anyone willing to ideate with me? I’ll probably host an idea jam session for this.

3 Likes

I have many ideas and would love to be paid to build them. But why would someone want to pay if the product won’t make them money?

4 Likes

My thought exactly when I saw this thread come in. No offense at all, @bestbubbledev, but if you want to get traction on whatever this thing is, you probably have to make it make at least some sense at the highest of levels.

The above being said, if you do have a way for us to get paid for building regardless of whether or not what we build ever matters to anyone, please sign me up immediately! Oh, and if I could get some back pay for all of the stuff I’ve already built that nobody gives a damn about, that would be swell. :wink:

2 Likes

Well, I have couple of suggestions why would they :slight_smile: But nothing scalable yet.

None taken my friend. I have exactly the same thought :joy: I’m just trying to dig deeper. Maybe we are missing something and it’s actually possible.

LOVED this :point_down: :joy:

1 Like

x2 here :rofl:

2 Likes

If you have found a money tree then do the right thing & share the location with us all :pray:t3:

Back in the real world though money tells us the truth - are we spending our time on a nice idea (there’s plenty of those), or on a viable business (there’s far fewer of those). Not getting paid to build their nice ideas might be just the feedback someone needs to go build a viable business.

Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Interesting idea. I have something similar that I’ve been working on since late last year. Not exactly building for the sake of building, but providing an avenue for builders to just build.

2 Likes

Intrigued :smiling_imp: Do you mind sharing the app or it’s not finished yet? :clap:

@bestbubbledev Hey!

Well I think what you describe, plenty of people would love to happen haha

I think the problem of some of us (me included) like to build things just for pleasure.
The problem might be we build without a purpose. I always used to have plenty of ideas and want to create one project after another but it’s hard after you realize you don’t get any income from it haha

You can even build a GREAT product, and it solves a REAL problem, but if people don’t know about your product, well it doesn’t matter.
That’s where marketing comes in, and unfortunately is quite hard nowadays and a lot of people (again me included) are bad at it.

I was involved in a startup environment, spent time in an incubator here in Paris, looking for funding with VCs and government aids. And around me, I saw cool projects, with real value and I also saw others that were just ok projects.

The projects that were getting more funded, were the ones that could prove they found their market fit and had a constant flow of new users. And most of the time those were good because of their marketing and sales team haha

I recommend you to read some of Paul Graham’s articles or Y Combinator’s articles, they are quite good and full of valuable information for when you are building a product.

If someone for a reason would like to pay you for building a bunch of products, That person would need to get back something from it.

VC’S give some money to multiple startups in the pre-seed stage and seed stage, hoping one of those will be a good one and become the next unicorn.

So maybe if you say, I have 5 product ideas and I need (variable_amount_of_money) for building all of them, then maybe someone could fund you. Obviously, this person would get an amount of equity of all the apps you are building, in case any of them turn to bring some real profit.

What I see little problematic, why would someone invest this way? I mean it’s quite risky and the person really needs to believe in you or the products you want to build.

Maybe a community would work better? Some type of community money pool where the must upvoted maker will get the funds at the end of building the products? And the community owns equity on the products he builds? Hmmm

But how to push these products? Imagine you have the funding solved, by a money pool. But nobody wants to own equity of some apps that will not grow haha We would need to find a way to promote them after, some good marketing agencies that can bring users to these apps.

It’s an interesting topic, I hope more people will engage in it.

I think this is a perfect use case for a DAO, that would be a community of builders and funders.

The idea for the products would be crowdsourced from the community. This would be done by members submitting real-world problems they face regularly. Once a problem is submitted everyone can vote yes or no (On-chain) if they would pay to have it solved for them, and maybe even how much they would pay.

Various builders could submit proposals to build the project, giving their past experience and build cost for the project.

All the biggest problems would float to the top and then the community could deploy their personal funds towards the specific proposals if they feel strongly about it and are confident in the builder who submitted the proposal. If the build cost amount isn’t reached by a certain deadline the funds are returned to the funders.

Just a rough idea but this could work for the ideas, maybe… hahaha.

2 Likes

Its in the planning stages at the moment. Once my current project is delivered I’ll be able to get to work on this one.