Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Generate unique webhook urls for each customer

Hey all,

I’m trying to work out if the following is achievable in Bubble.

I’m building a saas app that is integrated with Stripe. When the user signs up, they input and store their stripe API key in my bubble app for making calls out to Stripe.

I also want to catch incoming webhooks from Stripe too. Right now, I have a single api workflow setup to catch ALL users webhooks. I was then planning on using some identifier in the webhook payload to work out which user it’s for, however, that’s proving a challenge.

Is it possible to somehow generate unique API workflow urls (or an alternative method), so when they sign up, I can give them a unique url to stick in the Stripe webhook setup page?

Thanks for any help! Can add a loom of my intended workflow if more detail is needed.

Thanks,
Dan

1 Like

Yes, for sure.

You can use the “uniq_id” as a parameter in this URL to indentify the user :+1:. So every user will have a uniq URL and, in the end, it is the “same” URL, just pre filled with it’s user.

2 Likes

Pass an identifier in (I think but will check) Description and it gets passed back to you in the 'hook.

1 Like

description parameter doesn’t exist in event’s JSON

when the event occurs, how can I get and read that parameter on the URL ?

UPDATE okay, I see the solution here [New Feature] Ability to read parameters in the URL for API workflow endpoints