Getting started with Plugins

Hello,

Im new to plugins, and I was just wondering what is the typical process for developing a plugin? Can any application be made as a plugin or is there limitations? Thank you in advance.

You could start with my exercises

1 Like

@Builder125

Hi Joe! A plugin does not amounts to a full application, however a plugin can be the core of the Bubble application’s experience.

And yes, anything you can build in a normal web page you can build and use in a Bubble app page.
And almost the same goes for server side stuff, but this needs a more detailed conversation.

If you want something robust and do not mind paying, there is my all including course on starting with plugins: New plugin making course with all-included and no-knowledge-spared [15 July 2021] :blush:

2 Likes

In computer science-y terms plugins allow for the encapsulation of reusable functions; whether those functions transform data on the server, the client, or between client and server. What plugins cannot do is persist state between sessions.

Hello,

Thank you all for the information. I will look into the links you have all provided.

1 Like