Getting value of calculated input

Hi

Am trying to submit calculated value from Input to workflow to update custom state.

The workflow works fine if I type a value into the Input and submit. I just can’t get the calculated value out !!

Thanks

Have you tried using a hidden input and having it do the calculation, then the workflow can refer to it?

If you mean untick visible on page load then yes.
Thanks

You say that if you type a value into the input your workflow will set the custom state but you can’t get the calculated value out? What do you mean by that? Do you mean you can’t get the initial value before you type something in or is it something something else you are referring to?

Can you show your full screen and the workflow because your description is not informative enough for me to understand exactly what you are trying to do.

Hihi

Exactly: Do you mean you can’t get the initial value before you type something in or is it something something else you are referring to?

This is with the initial value in the Input box

If I type something ( a number) in the Input box and run the workflow it works perfectly

Thanks

I think this is probs Bubble101 but I just can’t get it :grinning:

I think this may be because the input is using formatted as and that makes is a text value. Can you run a quick test without the formatted as and see if that works.

Will do

That was it !!! Thank you sooooooo much.

That’s why I mentioned the hidden input earlier. I use them when I need the value for something and just use the visual input for formatting the display. Mark the post that solved it as solved to let other’s know you have your answer and save them time. Glad it was useful

Yep that a good way of doing it

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.