Going crazy, plz help: How to create search in RG to display based on multiple Teams

I have checked all videos out there in YT and forum post here… but i cant find where my use case is covered andhence posting it here.

Problem:

1. I have a data type = Teams
  2. Teams = {Member, TeamName}
  3. I have anothr data type = Users
  4. Users = {Name, Team (list of teams)} – coz a user can be part of multiple teams

Now i want to create a RG that shows Users who are part of the Current User’s teams ( note: current user can be part of multiple teams).

I can get it right if i have Team as one entry… in the below screenshot, Team 2 is set up that way (only one entry)… but not for multiple.

Search for Team:
Contstraint: Member = Current user or Member contain Current User

1 Like

Within Current cell of team , add another RG with DS : Current cell Team ’ Members: filtered
FIlter: Name <> Current user name

1 Like

Thanks for the tips @Eugene_West

What would be the text elements set to in the cell then? Coz i am getting the names repeated for only one person and not for all team members.

Set up:

1. RG1: DS = Search for Teams, Contstraint: Member = Current user or Member contain Current User
  2. RG2 nested inside RG1 1st row; DS = DS : Current cell Team ’ Members: filtered
    FIlter: Name <> Current user name

Output:

1. Current usernames repeated in all RG rows.
  2. No other team members show up

I am almost there…

the problem with “filtered
FIlter: Name <> Current user name” is that the Current user name is filtered… it should appear once just like any other members. If i dont filter it appears multiple times

Am trying to find a way to make it appear only once…

After many attempts… i have decided to set up custom states to create the filter (found a way after watching Buildcamp’s vid) … the nested RG will not be used… as i was not able to figure it out.

Thanks again

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.