Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Going Native App from Bubble

Hello Forum,

How are you? Question, what are The BEST options for going Native App from Bubble? The app has more than 1 page with a few elements. Has anyone had a “Really Great” current experience with any platform in particular?

Thank you

BStudy

I had a great experience with BDK plugin after not having any luck with a few other directions.
My app was only on 1 page however. Maybe that’s something you can do before converting - changing the multiple pages to multiple panels on 1 page.

Check out my app Plantify on Google and Apple

2 Likes

Hello Glennis,

Thank you for such a prompt reply. I will def go check your App built on BDK right now.

I wonder how using panels will effect my App.

BStudy

2 Likes

I also used BDK plugin / services from @gaurav
works great!

2 Likes

Hi @BubbleStudy

You also have a free alternative with Jasonelle. :slight_smile:

10 min. to create a FREE native app with Bubble > iOS :large_blue_diamond: Android

2 Likes

Thank you. Did your app have more than 1 page also?

Thank you. This is good information. It looks a bit more tedious, but it’s free.

1 Like

oh yes! many pages!!

1 Like

@BubbleStudy

For

Check out this link

2 Likes

I second BDK, it is a very well made plugin. And plus the excellent support from @gaurav, it made a massive difference for our client mobile apps

2 Likes

Thank you!

Thank you

Thank you. I may reach out to you direct.

Gaurav I’m looking for a native option soon, I was wondering if it’s possible to still have my app available via a browser once I install your plugin.

I’m thinking making it a pwa and native app.

Also will packaging it conflict with any plugins I am using?

1 Like

Hi @chad,

Yes absolutely. That’s a great question so I added a helpdesk article to answer it in detail with example

Sure. The native plugin doesn’t add external scripts to your bubble page etc. So its very unlikely to conflict with your plugins or hinder making it a pwa. To be 100% sure, you can simply open your page using preview mode and try it out right away :slight_smile:

The way it’s built, its 90% all native code inside the native engine. The Native apps (bdk) plugin is essentially just a communication approach for you bubble app with the engine.

Hi @BubbleStudy

I also used bdk native, many pages and it works greats! You can simply keep using bubble’s page transition “go to page” or bdk native transition…I use mixed of them and all works great

Anwar

1 Like

Hey @gaurav, love what you’re doing with BDK. We have a multi-page web app but currently it is not responsive. Do we need to be responsive to use BDK?

1 Like

Hi @christopher.fetterly,

Its’ not a requirement. Your bubble page will look same as you will see it inside a browser on that device. I do recommend responsive design though so that your bubble app looks great across different screen sizes (android phones & tablets, iphones & ipads). Suggest checking out this article as well.

Btw, why not try it out to see how it looks (as you don’t need to purchase anything). Simply install the bdk native app on your device and preview your page.

Cheers,
Gaurav

2 Likes

Hello @BubbleStudy,

Have you tried nativator.io?
Proven to be reliable and used by many Bubblers since its launch.

Cheers,
Sam