Editing this post in hopes that brevity will attract an answer
I’m trying to figure out a way to search users’ google calendars on a recurring basis for dynamic search terms. If their calendars contain any events with these search terms, I’d like to send an email to the user.
I downloaded the Google Calendar Offline plugin by @levon , but I’m wondering a few things:
- Is this the best tool for what I’m looking to do?
- Would this be the correct process if so?
- Upon user signup to my app, trigger auth request to access google calendar.
- If user accepts, save calendar_id (how can I save this?) and set a weekly recurring event: at this time every week, I search their calendar for events containing dynamic search terms. (When setting up their profile, a user adds their veterinarian to their profile using Google Place API. I’ll pull the name of the practice from this to use as a search term for this recurring weekly search).
- Based on @levon 's demo it looks like I need to create an RG and then, "when RG contains [dynamic veterinarian name], send my email. (But how can I systematically search the calendar when the user isn’t in the app? I can’t seem to wrap my head around this.)
Would sincerely appreciate any feedback!