Google Maps Plugin - Updated

@AliFarahat I still haven’t been able to get any results from using this, is there a basic tutorial or something anywhere? I always get 0 results no matter the inputs.

Josh are you trying to use the plugin or the example above with directions?

Can you share your app editor link and what you are trying to do please

@AliFarahat Ok so for simplicity I just made a new app that all it has is a text box trying to get driving directions time, and I get no results, just blank: https://bubble.io/page?name=index&id=gmap-test&tab=tabs-1

I know I’m doing something wrong I just can’t figure out how to fix it.

I tracked down the problem to the plugin. It seems this call got corrupt somehow so I reinitialized it, and it worked!

Enjoy and let me know if you need anything else

Awesome, thanks!

Hi Ali,

Would you consider updating this plugin (if possible) to add a containslocation feature to check whether a location input is within a provided polygon (or lat long)? or would that be for another plugin?

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/poly-containsLocation

hey @AliFarahat, Ive got some really cool turn by turn navigation plugin’s almost ready. When I was looking at google’s docs im sure i read that the use of their maps/api for “tracking” or turn by turn navigation was not allowed so i went digging… Ive now built a decent plugin that gives Heading, Distance, Speed, Step’s(dist, count, time), total time, total dist, custom heading bug element that you can choose your own image and that becomes the live compass and best part is its using the devices hardware! Ive then been using custom 3d open source maps to navigate over but if you find that you are allowed to turn by turn navigate over their free map’s/api’s then google’s maps can easily be used with these tools so if your interested in investing in a pro version of your plugin for the store get in touch :slightly_smiling_face:
So far ive tested on loads of PC’s Tablets & phones in multiple browsers and haven’t found any issues as yet…

1 Like

Hey @matty77

I will have a look and get back to you.

Hey @jarrad

Sure why not! How do you propose we proceed?

Hi. Thank you so much for this plugin.
It works great for all features I was looking for except for one thing I can’t figure out: zoom and center the map to the queried area.
Basically from a text input element I was able to retrieve the current geographic location and pass it to my map element. At this point I can see the visible marker of the default area on the map disappears: actually when I unzoom and move manually to the queried area, I can see it has moved exactly where it should have (queried area). That’s all good, the only thing is as I said it DOESN’T RE-CENTER the map to my queried area with the marker on it…

Could you help me to fix this please? I tried everything in workflow.

Thanks.

Hey there

The plugin does not have a visual element (yet). I think your using the default bubble map element so this is really a question for them.

Hey @matty77

I went through the documents and it’s not something that I can add a this current time. Sorry. I will however keep it in mind when upgrading the plugins.

Thank you Ali.
Actually as you said, it was related to the internal element mixed with Google Places (and not Google Maps).
And I was finally able to figure it out: just checked “Set center and zoom manually” box. And then I specified my input element’s value in “Map centered on” field.

Anyway thank you for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for checking @AliFarahat!

@delroncliff Hi, was looking at ur chats and I’m fascinated about your discovery and interested in trying it out, how do I get this pluglin?

Hi, heres are two scenarios Im strugling with:

1. Suppose I have parking sensor nodes engraved on the streets parking spaces, I need to dislpay their exact location as a potential destination of where they are depending on the status data.
  2. I need to create a turn-by-turn navigation waypoints with voice guidance to the selected street parking space as a prefered destination and ofcause using the current gps location as origin.

Can this be acomplished on bubble platform? If so then please help on how?P.S Im just a non technical aspiring developer.

I’d say it’s possible, but you’d want to do some experimentation to see if it’d fit your needs.

First, I would use a tool like http://www.geocodezip.com/v3_example_click2add_infowindow.html to get very exact Lat/Lng for every sensor you’d install. Now you’d have 1/2 the problem solved for directions – you’ve got every destination you could possibly need.

Next, use Bubble to get the users’ current location when they want to start driving there. There’s a get current user’s location as a workflow action or step.

If it were me, I’d honestly then ship the user off to Google Maps using a link like https://www.google.com/maps/dir/?api=1&origin=1+Market+St+San+Francisco+CA+94105&destination=38.51242827819676,-122.10520505905151 where you fill in the origin with the user’s address and the destination with the Lat/Lng of that parking spot.

And… if you want to actually display to the user a rough location of where the spot is, use the reverse geocoding function in the Geocoding plugin for Bubble in the plugins area.

Good idea. Best of luck.

1 Like

As far as I know you can show directions but you can’t use turn by turn navigation with Google maps. Again I could be wrong last I looked at this was over a year ago

Thanks very much for sharing the knowledge mate. Please if you could be patient with me. On the first link of geocodezip link, once opened exactly what must I do next?