Google meets / Zoom link when using Send Meeting Request by Email

Hi @guy.blueoceans , thank you for mentioning my plugin !([Plugin Announcement]: Add to calendar button (google, apple...) - no oAUTH required - and ics files for meeting invitations)
Indeed I think that it is the best solution to solve this kind of business requirements.

@Saile : I have been working on the exact same type of marketplace, and we have investigated the Zoom solution first, but the issue is that if you want your app to be able to create Zoom meetings in the users’ accounts, then you will have to use OAuth with Zoom. This means that you have to apply for their marketplace (Create an OAuth App)
But Zoom has a very complex acceptance process for apps on their marketplace, and it is almost impossible to get a Bubble app accepted (we have tried for 4 months) because they require access to some security settings which Bubble won’t let you access.

In addition to that, you have to know that Zoom will not generate a calendar invitation (ics file or google invitation). SO you would still have to use a plugin like mine to create the calendar invitation and paste the Zoom meeting link inside it.

So we ended up using my plugin, which lets you create invitations for all types of calendars with a button widget, and ics files which can be attached to emails or opened in the browser.
We let the users create their own video conferencing link, and paste it into the invitation.
This solution is easy to setup and does not require any OAuth process.
Let me know if you need more information on the topic !

2 Likes