Group By Not Available

Is the group by operator only available when the datasource is a search of the database?

I have a repeating group that is a date of date ranges that have been created dynamically and I’m trying to use the :group by operator but it doesn’t show up as a possible option. I’ve tried every way I can think of to force the presence of the :group by operator but have failed to ever get it as on option.

Or is the group by operator only available for data types that are not dates or date ranges?

The manual says it is available for dates but doesn’t seem to actually be available.

Currently we support grouping on users and custom data types, text fields, numbers, and dates

When I have a RG set to type Date it doesn’t show up

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 4.00.32 PM

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 4.01.01 PM Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 4.01.39 PM

I’d suggest pivoting the thinking about this a little bit: get all the Dates that are Unique, and in each of your RG cells, do a search for the items where the Date corresponds to the Current Cell’s Date.

Thank you…I actually did something just like that…I had already needed a list of unique dates as a starting point, so I just used that list and then filtered the other list of non-unique dates using the formatted as option to make sure they match only on a date level and times were not included.