Groups and Text boxes

Hey everyone,

Im currently building a task scheduling app as seen below

In the editor i have a basic group for 'in progress’ that reads the job name from the job database
and i have a repeating group for ‘Pending

My problem is - how do i get the Repeating group’s Pending job name and put it into the In progress group’s job name

It works when i click the first field in the Repeating Group, but i want it so that - the specific name of the job will come to in-progress no matter which row i click ‘start work’

Really appreciate any help on this

thanks

Hey there!

I am sure there are many ways to do this, this is just one way I thought of.

If I understand correctly you only want to have one “In Progress” at a time, right?

You can have a field in your data type called i"n-progress" and have it a type yes/no. Then Each time you click on the start work you can run your whole list and mark off all of them as “no” except the one you clicked would be “yes”. Then just do a search for all your jobs and then just filter it by that “in progress” field and choose it’s first one in the list that is marked as “yes”.

As long as you don’t have a super long list then it should work fine. Like I said, there are other ways around this too. That was just the first that came to my mind.

Want to learn more?

www.nocodeminute.com

Presenting

Hope that helps! :blush:

Thanks a lot! I’m sorry I don’t understand the process yet but I get the logic behind it. Yes I only need one to be in, in progress though