Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Handling Pop-Ups - e.g. for Forgotten Password

Hello!

I’m a relatively new bubbler (is that really a thing?) but I’m a bit stuck :frowning:

So my (not-unusual I guess) requirements is:

• For a given page if the user is not signed in then a sign-in pop-up is shown
  • If the user closes the pop-up without signing in they are redirected to another page
  • If the user clicks ‘forgotten password’ then the sign-in pop-up closes and the reset password pop-up shows
  • If they close the reset password pop-up then again the sign-in pop-up is shown
  • If they submit the password reset then they get a thanks message and redirects to another page.
  • If they sign-in successfully then the pop-up closes and they stay on the page.

I have tried a number of different ways to achieve this - using state and URLs but they all seem a bit hacky.

Can someone point me in the right direction please? Appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey :wave: @mark.chidlow

Yes Bubblers is totally a thing here! Welcome to the Bubble community! :raised_hands:

It does seem like a unique case. Are you using a pop up for a security reason? They can’t access your page unless they access with a popup? Is everything still visible underneath? I ask this because this may not be the most secure way to do things. You may need to re-think the process here.

See post: 🔐 Why a popup is not good for security - with video on how to hack your own site to test it

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
  • No-Code Classes

Hey, thanks for the positive vibes! :+1: :smiley:

OK so a bit of reading to do but yes I get the idea i.e. that what I suggest isn’t the right approach. So I guess I need a separate sign-in page rather than a pop-up.

Thanks again :blush:

1 Like

So glad it was helpful! :blush:Looking forward to seeing what you build. :+1: