Help - How to save data to Current User once they have clicked several buttons and then clicked a "Finish" button

Hi all, I was hoping someone could help me with the below.

I have a page similar to the Clubhouse screenshot at the bottom of this post.
My page also contains a list of categories in the form of buttons and users can click on the categories (buttons) which interest them. Once they have clicked on the categories (buttons) which interest them and have clicked the “Finish” button at the bottom of the page, I would like the categories data to be saved against the Current User under the field “Categories” which I have created under the “User” Data Type. I would like this data to be saved as a list, however I would only like this data to be saved once the user has selected their categories of interest and has clicked the “Finish” button at the bottom of the page I have created.

E.g. if the user clicks on the buttons “Health”, “Support” and “Climate” and then clicks the “Finish” button at the bottom of the page, I would like “Health, Support and Climate” to be shown as a list under the “Categories” field in the “User” Data Type for the Current User.

Appreciate any help you’re able to give.

Cheers,
Rob

Hi,

Save the clicked categories to a custom list state on any element on the page.

Then when the finish button is clicked, update user data pulling from the saved categories in that list.

Cheers

Hi @doublejay

Thanks for your reply.

When you get a chance, could you please provide me with the steps I need to follow to do what you mentioned above?

Thanks,
Rob

Hi all,

Is anyone able to provide me with a list of steps to achieve what I mentioned in my original post above? Sorry I’m still learning the Bubble basics.

I would like to know how to save the clicked categories to a custom list state on an element and how to save the list of categories to the database once the finish button has been clicked as doublejay suggested above.

Thanks,
Rob

This video could get you started

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.