Help - Managing user created posts (unique records)

I’m having trouble combining user submitted form data into unique records. Any assistance is appreciated!

I’m building a simple damage reporting tool. On-site (mobile) users create incident reports (posts) and office staff review them later. The app has a basic form to enter a problem name, description, category, location, urgency score and uploaded video. I need these different data types (text, fixed categories, video) to be correctly assigned to a unique record when each post is created. I’m probably doing something wrong in data configuration or workflows but I can’t see it. Thoughts?

Also, I’m not sure if I need to think about this now but in the future other users may have to associate new videos with existing records (i.e. proof of repairs) - but these may be separate items.

Hi there, @richardwfitzgerald… I’m not exactly sure what the problem is, but it sounds like you just need an Incident data type that has all of the fields you mentioned. Then, when a user submits the form, you create a new thing in the Incident data type and populate the fields with the information from the form. The things in the Incident data type are your unique records for incidents. Make sense?

If you are having a specific problem, it would be great if you could post some screenshots to give more context, and I’m sure someone will be able to help you out.

Best…
Mike

Thanks for your help. It confirmed I was doing things correctly. Turns out the problem stemmed from copying and pasting the input boxes when I designed the page. This copied the first input’s name for every additional input on the page and prevented me from seeing the various fields I need in the workflow. Also, Bubble occasionally renames inputs using placeholder text so this was confusing. TLDR: Always ensure input names match your required fields. Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.