Help needed to build an app to send SMS

Hi guys,

I am feeling awesome and looking to learn something new. Honestly, I know nothing about building apps.

Now I need to build an app that could help me send SMS to my contacts. So, I have a SMS service provider who has provided me with an API key and some documentation code that I need to copy and paste in my app maybe. Now in order to reach to that point, I need an app.

Onto the frontend, I need the app to have option to upload a group of contacts like importing a .csv file. Then, ability to write a message, select the contacts or group and send messages to them is what I need.

So this event should trigger the API of my SMS service provider and that should be able to deliver the message to my contacts. It would be great if I am also able to get a callback URL in the app so if I get incoming message, it gets delivered to my app.

I am not sure if I have been able to explain well or not, kindly suggest as per your best effort.

Thanks in advace.

CoBubble has a great course on sending SMS with Bubble: https://cobubble.com/dashboard?product=education

As far as the front end, plenty of ways you can do it and lots of courses to help you get there :slight_smile:

Uploading CSV is a bit of a trickier issue than you’d expect, but again CoBubble to the rescue with their data parser and data api plugins:

Note: the above is for large jobs - Bubble does have a way to upload smaller CSV files but I needed a lot at once for my app and so had to use the CoBubble way.

Good luck - I built a VERY complicated automated followup system with Bubble (texts, emails, voicemails, etc.) with advanced scheduling so it’s very possible to do.

3 Likes

There are two services that people have used, Twilio and Plivo, to send and receive SMS.

If you do a forum search you will find the instructions, Plivo proved to be somewhat easier than Twilio.

2 Likes