Help with database sum

Hi there!

I need help with an issue related to the database. I created a database with 4 columns (year, type, month and final amount) related to waste generation in a hotel. I now need bubble to calculate the total amount for each waste type The thing is that I need Bubble to sum all the quantities that belong to a specific type of waste. The idea would be the following:

• List item Sum all the item that contains the word “plastique” in the column “Type”

I thought I just had to use to “Do a search for” “contains” formula but I can’t make it work.

What can I do? Is this even possible?

Thank you all!

Hi there, @riverogonzalez.isaac… what you are trying to do is certainly possible, and it could/should look something like this.

The example I am showing is using as option set for the types, and the Type field in the Waste Generation data type is linked to the option set.

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Hi there Mike!

Thank you very much for your answer.

I must be doing something wrong. When I try to replicate your solution, I can’t select the “plastique” option… Could you please tell me what is wrong with my procedure?

Thank you
ezgif.com-gif-maker

What is the field type of your Type field? As I mentioned, the field in my example is tied to an option set that defines the different types. If you are not using an option set, you might want to consider going that route because it could make things easier for you.

Oh I see… The problem is that I have no idea about how to tie it to an option set… Could you please tell me how to do it?

Thank you

Create a new Type field, and when selecting the field type, select the option set.