Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Hiring a Visual Programmer (Bubble Pro)

Hey- My name is Tara Reed. I’m the CEO of an art startup, called Kollecto.

We’ve got solid traction & have raised a seed round from 500 Startups, Joanne Wilson, etc.

I’m looking for a Bubble Pro/ Visual Programmer to help us build the next version of our art database, web scraping system & art match-making algorithm.

You’ve probably never thought of yourself as a visual programmer before! That’s okay. Bubble is opening doors for all of us. :slight_smile:

To be good at this job, you don’t need to know how to code. But you should be solidly familiar with Bubble, Blockspring, Kimono.ai, Zapier, Wordpress etc. Bonus points if you can proove that you care about art.

I’ve been really open about Kollecto’s story building without code, thus far. Here’s the talk I did at the Lean Startup Conference that will give you context -> http://buildingkollecto.com/post/135330554699/heres-my-talk-from-the-lean-startup-conference

About Kollecto:
Kollecto makes it easy for anyone to become an art collector.

We do this in 2 ways:

1. We run a program called Art Collecting School that teaches you everything you need to know about buying art on a budget ($100-$3000).

2. And we have an app that hunts the internet for art, based on your taste.

At Kollecto, we’re building the first recommendation engine for affordable art. We aggregate art from all over the world & show the right piece of art to the right person.

Your Job:

1. Manage the art database (Build, update & maintain using webscraping automation, Blockspring & Bubble workflows)
  2. Lead our ‘engineering-as-marketing’ initiatives (build landing pages & widgets that convert users. see this article if you’re not familiar with the concept -> http://bit.ly/1AwBVjH)
  3. Experiment with new features & ideas
  4. Partner with our UX design consultant (formerly built Inbox by Google)

What you’ll get:

1. A chance to build on Bubble for a living!
  2. An opportunity to work as a Programmer/ PM
  3. A key leadership role at a startup
  4. An awesome freelance role that can turn into a salaried job.
  5. Access to our kickass network of consultants & advisors (Googlers, YC & 500 Startups entrepreneurs, etc)

How to apply:
Email [email protected] with the subject: Kollecto- Visual Programmer
In the body of the email, attach your resume & answer this question: How would you set up a databse/ workflow in Bubble to recommend art to users, based on their taste?

• Bonus points if you can demonstrably show that you care about art
  • Preference for folks who can work full-time, but open to part-timers too.
3 Likes