How can i avoid a date picker in an RE in an RG dismissing the RE

• I am using a date picker inside of a FG (air DateTime picker)
  • the FG is attached to a group that’s held in a RE
  • when the RE is clicked, the FG appears
  • user can then pick a date
  • The RE is added to a RG

when the user is choosing any date it automagically closes the FG which is really poor UX. is there a way around this issue @ZeroqodeSupport

1 Like

Hey @jared.gibb !

The group focus is closing the datepicker it seems. How about placing the datepicker in a popup inside the RE? (I am sure this is not ideal … just a suggestion)

1 Like

Yooo @cmarchan

That approach is my fallback :pensive:

Hello, @jared.gibb
Apologies for the late reply. :pray:t2:

In order to achieve your goal, we would like to suggest you use “Floating Group” instead of the group focus.

We’ve tried to create a similar use case with a floating group and it works as expected. Here is a video showing the setup needed for this: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

As you can see from the video, we’ve added a group (x) that is transparent then set the workflow for when that transparent group is clicked to hide the floating group. So, when you click outside of the floating group, it will be closed automatically. However, if you would like to hide the floating group when you click add button, you can simply add the “hide floating group” action to the “when button add clicked” event.

Hope it helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.