How can I create a Dashboard?

Hello guys

First of all, thank you for reading my post.

I’m practically new on this, and I have read, practiced and seen a lot of videos about to use Bubble, and yet, I still feel overwhelmed by the platform, and don’t know where to start or how, so I decided to ask the community how you guys start every time you want to create an dashboard.

Let me share a little bit about my project. I want to make a platform where small business can sell discounts and give rewards to its employees, so I need a dashboard where they can create this promotions and discounts. And in the other hand I need another page where people can get those promotions and redeem them.

I really appreciate the help,

Regards

1 Like

Are you building something similar to fond.co or perksatwork.com?

1 Like

Hey,

Welcome to Bubble! Ya, it can be overwhelming. Try finding a website that is similar to what you want to have it look like and try to copy it as closely as possible.

When you get stuck on how to do something then you can check out the forum for the answer and if it’s not answered yet then you can ask a question. Then someone will chime in and help you along the way.

I will see if I can add a video for some general overview of Bubble in my trainings for you. If you haven’t seen already take a look at NoCodeMinute.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s like Fond but cor consumers

Hey,

Thank you so much for the videos, I’ll take a look.

I was wondering, what do you recommend, start making the design and then do the workflow? I already did the workflow on paper, but I don’t know what is better to start on bubble

1 Like

Ya. I normally do the design and then then focus on the workflow. Sort of do it as you go. As you add a button then do the workflow for it. So you don’t forget to do it later. :grin:

1 Like

Well…it’s not as easy as you think to separate design and workflows. This is because Bubble mixes UI interactions and data manipulation in the workflow system. You will have to touch workflows even if you are just designing.

I would start by making sure you build a responsive skeleton for the page for all your needed “modules”.

Get menus(sidebar or header), header, footer, user menu, breadcrumb bar, status bar, notification interactions and the main content container looking good for all resolutions.

Start at 300px and move to wider resolutions and not the other way around. Trust me on this one.

Use different background colors for the groups that will contain your modules while you are designing so you can easily spot where responsiveness is not working well for you.

Once you have the skeleton right and you can strech and expand your browser from 300px to 1600px and everything looks peachy you can start building the logic.

2 Likes