How can I set initial content on an input field from a post on a repeating group?

Hi! So, I have a repeating group that populates with information. I want someone to be able to press an “edit” button on a repeating group… then modify the post content from a pop-up. I tried doing this, but for some reason, the initial content on the input field will not populate for me. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong.

Hi there, @clark.nc… does the parent group to which you are referring in the third screenshot have a data source? Also, are you displaying the current cell’s post in the popup as part of the workflow associated with clicking the edit icon?

Best…
Mike

Hey there! Thank you for the response! So, the “Edit SaaS” pop up has no data source set. I also am not displaying the current cell’s post in the popup. I’m guessing both of these might be problematic…

In the workflow associated with clicking the edit icon, use the Display data workflow action to display the current cell’s post in the popup. At that point, you should have access to the post’s data in the popup.

1 Like

Worked right away!! :smile: THANK YOU!

1 Like