How do i use subtypes in a parent type form

So i have a form where a user fills out information for a general type (For example a “home rental listing”), and within the form there is a subform to fill out a list of items associated to this parent form (for example: all “rooms” in this particular house) which should be saved to a seperate type (called “rooms”) since i want to keep additional info for those items (Like Room Size).

1. When the user saves the parent type (“home rental listing”), how do u tell bubble to save also the subtype items (Rooms) to its own type? you dont know how many Lines (Rooms) the user will input.

2. When the user saves the parent type (“home rental listing”), How do u tell bubble that those subitems (Rooms) are associated to this particular parent type (“home rental listing”)? you dont know how many Lines (Rooms) the user will input.

If you do it by saving those subitems right away when creating a line (a room),

3.what if the user cancels or leaves before saving the parent type (“home rental listing”), i would end up with a database full of orphaned rooms belongin to no one…

Please help me with this, anybody ?

Hey Cheskie,

Can you create & save the rental listing when the form is launched? Or simply make adding rooms a second step. Hide the subform group until the parent form is saved and then show the subform group.

thanks, that’s what i call help!

Glad to help :slight_smile: