How do you know if you are ready for your first freelancing job?

Hi everyone.

This is my first time posting on this forum.

Have been working on bubble to develop a solution for my day job for the past few weeks.

And it occured to me that it getting a gig as a bubble developer might be a viable option.

However, I am also aware that with my limited experience, being a newbie and all, what I might be able to offer might not be up to standard.

So I would like to know, how do you gauge when you are competent enough to start taking app development jobs?

Thanks in advance for the advices.

Regards!!!

Consider having a look on websites such as Fiverr, Upwork, and PeoplePerHour, and see what services Bubble developers offer on there.

If you think you can meet those expectations or even exceed them, it could be a viable source of side income for you.

If you look at what they offer and don’t know how to do it, you might need some more work.

Good luck!

Hey there :wave:

I suggest building a few sample projects that you can sell as templates or potentially as a SAAS.

It doesn’t matter if you sell any or if the business succeeds, the point is the experience. Plus it gives you a portfolio to showcase.

You can always start by offering your service for free, to start off. Get a customer under your belt, plus they won’t be expecting much. Then you can see if you could do it.

Just some ideas. :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

Hope that helps! :blush:

Most gigs are not greenfield.

Find a public app and spend some time trying to understand what someone else has done.

Then think “Can I spend all day doing this?”.

2 Likes

For me it started off with building templates. After a while, clients reached out to me for work.

I hardly do any marketing but fair enough we do receive enquiries everyday. My suggestion for you would be to start with templates.

Clients will have a better viewpoint of your skills when they look at your portfolio. If you’re good at selling, you might be lucky without a portfolio.

Good luck,

Mido
Founder No-Code Venture