How do you update a datatype field with value from a different datatype field

Hello all & TIA for your help!
I have a 3rd party webhook writing to multiple Fields in my bubble database inserting records on my “POST” DataType, including a Field named CCID.
I have another DataType called USERS where there is a Field called EMAIL and a FIELD called CCID.
What I cannot figure out is how do I update POST.EMAIL with USER.EMAIL where POST.CCID = USER.CCID.
This is how the process works. I am using a 3rd part payment client. When a new purchase is made, the 3rd Party Client automatically updates my bubble POST DataType with multiple Fields. I am using a Backend Workflow to consume the data coming from the webhook and write it to the POST DataType. I have an extra FIELD in the POST DataType that does not get populated by the webhook.
Because of the way this data is being populated, there is no concept of CurrentUser.
I feel like it would be best to update the email within the same Backend Workflow Action but I just haven’t been able to figure it out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS!

Just set the Post Email field to search for User's [CCID=request data's body card ID]: first item)

Although it might be better, and simpler in the long run to store the actual User on the Post datatype, rather that just the User’s email address (or both).

Holy Mutha Of Greatness! That worked! I added ‘email’ to the end, just after ‘first item’.
@adamhholmes, you have been great. I have solved several challenges based on posts you have replied to. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your knowledge and teach us!
While it worked, I just cant totally understand why it worked. I wish the language made more sense to me in the Actions but I think it will as I continue to use bubble.
Here is a screenshot in case it is helpful to anyone else.

1 Like