How match RG row to a text

Hey!
I have two repeating groups and I am trying to make a table.
In the first RG I have text’s list (let it be ROWS)
In the second RG I have the data ( let it be DATA )

So my question is how could I search for a KEY (from ROWS) from my RG list down below(DATA), that matches and display in this examples the ID’s

Hello,

Generally for a table-like setup, I wouldn’t recommend using a separate repeating group with a different data type for the column headers. Instead, try to work with a single data type and think of the field names as your column headers. For the setup on the front end, you can setup just a single repeating group, and then outside of that repeating group you can set up a regular group that contains static text values representing the different field names of the data type and columns below. You’ll want to make sure that the responsiveness settings of your header text elements match the responsiveness settings of the data in the RG columns below, as that will ensure that this responds and behaves as a single table.

Let me know if I missed something about your set up or if you have a specific reason that you need to use two data types.

Thanks for the recommendations, but…
I want users to enable/disable and move some rows, therefore I created new Data type rows, where users will enter the KEYword

So if user has id,name,price saved and removes name then the data would change accordingly and remove whole row from everywhere or change its position

id name. price
1 test-pr $10

id. price
1 $10

id. price. name
1 $10 test-pr

so basically I need data type Row(id in this case) item to match Product’s id, but I can not do search or anything after I’ve selected Current cell’s Product’s id… I would want it to be Current cell’s [do a search/match]

Or if I could somehow go through cells keys,
eg. Current Cell’s XX
where XX will be replaced with a increasing number until there are no more info under Current Cell’s KEYS

Thanks so much for the additional details and clarification! This is a pretty complex setup, but it’s possible with our new responsive engine!

When approaching a feature like this its helpful to keep in mind how Bubble thinks about data types and fields. Each individual record is a row of data. Each individual field represents a column header. At this time, we don’t have the ability to enter a dynamic expression for an element’s Type of Content or “Current Cell’s [X]” because X in this case is a choice from a static list field defined in your data tab. For this reason, while it’s possible to do this with multiple data types, I would still recommend only having one data type for the most straight forward implementation of this type of functionality. Here’s how I would approach this:

• Set up a data table as you would if you didn’t want to be able to control which columns display. Create a repeating group with a single column and unlimited number of rows, and set the layout for each cell to be “row.”
  • Place text elements inside of the first cell that displayed all of the information a user could possible select (all columns of data).
  • Make sure that each item is set to “collapse height when hidden” - this means if the text element or its parent group are not visible, the element will collapse both vertically and horizontally and not occupy any space. This will have the effect of pushing all of the remaining visible columns together.
  • Set up the column headers as I suggested in my first post (normal text elements in a group, rather than a second RG), and make sure that all of their responsive settings matched the elements in the RG cell.
  • Install the bubble-built Multiselect Dropdown plugin and add it to your page. Set the data source to be static texts and list out the names of the fields you have on your data type.
  • Set a condition on each element in the repeating group and a matching condition on the respective header title element that hides the element if the Multiselect Dropdown value doesn’t contain the text value of the field.

With this setup, whatever fields are listed in the multiselect dropdown will show in the repeating group, and it will be responsive in that hidden columns will not occupy space.

Here’s a working demo that demonstrates the functionality: https://sam-new-sandbox.bubbleapps.io/version-test/custom_rows

The one feature this setup doesn’t account for is re-ordering columns. For that, I’d say that the workarounds involved in structuring the data types in such a way would involve enough that it’d be worth exploring some options for custom code. It’s also possible that there are some plugins on our marketplace that can achieve this functionality in a much simpler way - so its worth searching at bubble.io/marketplace.

I hope this helps!

Got it working(gets fields from API that vary), took longer than expected, wasn’t easy…

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.