How should I let testers bypass sign-up

My app is currently a “sign-up-before-you-can-do-anything” type deal.

Someone from a start-up support organisation (they help out lil baby start-ups like me) wanted to give their team access to my app but the guy said: “Is there any way to complete an initial quiz without having to create a login? Happy to share it amongst our team but I think creating a login may create quite a large barrier for initial testing/opt-in.”

I feel like saying “just make an account dude”. Is there a way to give people (testers) like a dummy pass or something to make things easier just while i’m in the testing phase? idk.

If signing up is a problem for them and you really need their help testing, maybe just create the accounts for them yourself. Also, when you are tracing bugs/errors having a seperate userid for every user makes it easier to distinguish who did what.

I normally have a demo button where I create a fake email address and random password. Then I schedule the account to be deleted within 24 hours. You can also delete all data attached to that user on the backend at that time.

Does that make sense? :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.