How start building a tutoring app?

Greetings,

I just started using and learning Bubble. It’s a bit tricky, but I think I’ll get the hang of it eventually.
I switched to Bubble from Wordpress because Wordpress wouldn’t work for my idea.

Basically, I want to create a tutoring matchmaking website. The tutors will all be English tutors, and they will be able to create a free profile. They can purchase a premium profile subscription to be able to be noticed by more students and be pinned on the top of the page.

Students will also be able to sign up and login. But, students will not have a profile to complete like the tutors do. Instead, students will be able to view the teachers, but will not be able to see their email or message them (through in app messaging) unless they pay the subscription fee.

How would I start building something like this? What are the steps I need to take? Any tutorials similar to this or for a tutor marketplace type of app?

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @lingoversetutoring, welcome to Bubble!

I would suggest you start with building a sitemap - basically a list of all the pages you’d need (or like) to have in your app, with a basic description of the functionalities you’d need for each page. This doesn’t need to be very precise but it’s an important step to have visibility on your app’s structure

Second step is building the actual design of the pages included in your sitemap. First version is generally not perfect, but it gets you to the third step, which is building the logic between elements and pages. You can thereafter launch a first version pretty quickly, and keep improving the design as you move forward without affecting the logic.

Anyways that’s the steps I generally use, doesn’t mean it’s the only method out there either. But from my experience it’s the easiest way to get the job done faster.

Ambroise

Need extra help?

Book a free 15 minutes call - happy to help if I can

1 Like

Hello Lingo,

We are recently developing an application specialized in the elearning domain, please check-

Student / User side - https://marvelapp.com/492973f/screen/43931787
Instructor Side - https://marvelapp.com/84h082i/screen/53155692

You should start with the basic features as this kind of platforms are very vast in nature.
Basic features like login/singup, online teaching, profile creation, payments, subscription etc.

I have more suggestions for you. Let’s connect on sk–ype at shweta.ctinfotech@gmail.com

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.