How to Change/Modify a name that already exists in the database using the Search-Box

Hello everyone, how are you all?

I’m having a little problem figuring out how to solve this.

On my screen I have a search box that when I start writing it already pulls up the name of the existing band.

What I need is that when I select the name of the band and send it to the database, this chosen name does not repeat in the database.

But if it doesn’t exist then it creates that name of the new band in the database.

I will be very grateful for your help, I’ve been trying to solve this for 3 days =)

Hi there, @alexandrepaulino.arp… I’m not sure I understand the part of your post about not repeating the name of an existing band in the database. Can you share some screenshots that show how you are using the searchbox and the associated workflows?

About creating a new band in the database when the band doesn’t exist, you would need to check this box.

With that box checked, you would be able to access the searchbox’s typed text and create a new thing using the typed text as the name of the new band.

Best…
Mike

Hey @mikeloc Thank you for respond me :pray:

i will show u what i mean .

here is what showing now 2 names as same artist

I what all the information going to that artist only like Music, Lyrics , Tabs and so on…
but when i select the name it make a new artist.

i want to make a new artist only if he names dont show up at the search box.

i dont know if i made something wrong at the Database =/

Okay, but there is no way that I or anyone else can help if we can’t see what your workflows are doing. So, share some screenshots or a read-only link to your editor, and I’m sure someone will be able to help you figure out what’s going on.

so this is the workflow of the next button

i want to share but i dont no how to do it.

Well, the issue looks pretty simple. You are creating new things every time the Next button is clicked. What you need to do is have multiple workflow events associated with the Next button, and put conditions on the events to run them as appropriate. One of the events would create new things only when the things don’t already exist. The other event would make changes to things only when the things do already exist.

Thank you @mikeloc … and that what im trying to do and i have no idea how to do that, and i did not no that I can make more workflow for same like “button” .
do you mind if you show me how will look like ?
if not to much for…

Here is a quick/simple example where a new artist would be created if the artist is not found in the search box.

2 Likes

Thank you @mikeloc you´re the best!! :hugs:

1 Like