How to change the value of "fixed rows" in a RG

I’d like to let the user choose how many entries are visible per page in a repeating group, by choosing it from a drop down. I see no way to insert the value of the drop down in the Fixed Row count of the repeating group. Is there an alternative way?

1 Like

If I understand your question correctly, in your repeating group’s data source you can add constraint and use item until # then the value of your dropdown. Therefore when user selects 5 in dropdown then your repeating group will only display 5 items.

1 Like

I want to show the number of records selected per page, not in total. So what I want to change is the number of fixed rows to show per page.

1 Like

No, it’s not… what you want to change is the :Items from # and :Items until # (that’s how you handle pagination)

1 Like

OK I will try that.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to work out how to do this, but the problem is always that once I use :items from the count of the list becomes just the subset, which makes it impossible to calculate pretty much anything on the list.

The only way I seem to be able to do this, is to put the list into an empty repeating group to hold it. Is this the right solution?

A lot of people don’t come back when they solve something, so…

This was tricky, really tricky. @adamhholmes was spot on though, and I now have a very pleasant pagination working:

It adapts to the number of records, paginatons nicely (and quickly, on the server), sorts, etc.

I do think this is overly complicated to implement for what Bubble is aiming to be. A newbie - as I consider myself - struggles. I can’t see where tables and pagination would not be a prime requirement, and I admit I’ve spent way to long on this, more so than Bubble saved at this time, but because I know that other things, like database management, identity management, server functions, etc., will eventually take me longer, this was worth doing.

For anyone coming to this later, do not give up, all the answers are in the forum, and the nice people who help.

1 Like