How to confirm e-mail with Sendinblue

Hello,

I have a lot of delivery problem with the default bubble e-mail confirmation system. Users often don’t recieve the e-mail and need to add the sender e-mail as contact.
To solve this problem, i’d like to use sendinblue transactionals email to confirm user emails.

What’s the best way to do it ?
Should i add a custom “email valid” yes/no field to my db user ?
If so, how can i change that property based on sendinblue transactional activity ?

Please, i’ll need some hints !
Théo

Hey there @theo.voglimacci1,

I’m not too familiar with Sendinblue because I use Postmark, but usually when you’re sending on behalf of your users you have 1 of three options in Postmark:

1. Add their domain to your account, so it’s verified (Postmark’s recommended)
  2. Add them as a verified sender
  3. Send from your domain, but use their name in the “From Name”

These are all usually done via their API

Now… gotta stop my rambling, but looking at Sendinblue, it looks like their API does support this, just follow their documentation here: https://developers.sendinblue.com/reference#createsender

In terms of verifying if they are a verified sender, you can use the GET request with the Sendinblue API to check that: https://developers.sendinblue.com/reference#getsenders-1

I’m not sure if you’d rather give your user both the option to create a verified sender and attach their domain to your account, but if you want to do that I’d look into Sendinblue’s API capabilities.

Hope this helps! :blush:

1 Like

@johnny thanks for your answer.

when the user signup in my bubble app i need to :

• send them a transactional e-mail with sendinblue containing a confirmation link
  • when they click on the link, their user db property “email confirmed” property is set to yes

can i achieve this with the documentation you gave to me ?
i know how to send a transactional email, but i have no idea how to generate a link a change a db prop when the user click on it.

Yes

Instead of doing this, you also have the option to do the GET request to make that up-to-date check to see if the email is verified.

Did you ever figure out how to do this?