How to Create a 'Contact Us' form?

Sorry, can’t figure this out :(. I’m sure it’s really simple. I tried the ‘Send Email’ function but couldn’t get it to work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Would you be able to take a screenshot of the workflows?
Or provide a link to your app?

Will need more information to help you out

2 Likes

Thanks. There isn’t much a work flow since I’m not really sure what to do :P. I created boxes for each input form and a button, but I’m not sure how to get them to communicate.

Sounds like you should def have a look at the lesson videos. Start with the first:

Saving data
Save addresses and display them on a map

The ‘Save’ button has a workflow option, click that and you can tell the button what it should do. Probably create a new thing of type ‘Contact Us’ or something. Then have each of the input fields flow into new fields in the database that you define when you have clicked the ‘create new thing’.

I can try and explain, but the videos do a much better job!

1 Like

Thanks, will do.

Admittedly, I’m not exactly Bubble’s target audience. Right now all I’m doing is using Bubble to host my content production service since I like how clean Bubble is and I don’t mind paying $20. That said, it seems that something as fundamental as a Contact Us form might work out of the box.

Especially since ^.

Heck, I can’t even get a Skype button to work on the site because Bubble is blocking the Java script.

If anyone reading this needs high-quality content, walk me through creating a functioning Contact Us form and I’ll write a post for you in w/e niche.

To my understanding, this is more of an app builder more than a website builder so don’t expect any templates like with Wordpress.
Out of the box you get all the tools you need to build awesome apps without coding :stuck_out_tongue:

Haven’t tried a Skype button, but have some js on my index page and that works just fine.

Fair enough :P.I’ll go through the videos and try the Olark plugin. When I try the Skype code, nothing shows up on the page.

Here you go: https://forumapp3.bubbleapps.io/version-test/contact-us?debug_mode=true

took 7 minutes :slight_smile:

edit:

here is the ‘source’: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=contact-us&id=forumapp3&tab=tabs-1

just change my email address to yours and see the contact us form flow into your inbox!

2 Likes

Thanks, that looks really neat! i’ll go through all the videos when I get time. I’m using Olark for now. At least I got that to work :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you need anything written up?

What do you mean written up?

Upstream I offered content in exchange for help :P. I’m a writer. If you don’t have any copy needs right now just bookmark this page and remind me when you do. PM me for my Skype or email, I guess. Otherwise, I’ll just pay it forward.

Ah ok, well maybe I do!

sent a pm!