Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

How to create a master list of Users Lists

In my app Users can make multiple profiles. I am trying to make a master list of all of the users and their profiles. How would I go about doing this?

I figured out how to make a list of the users, but can’t figure out how to dive one layer deeper.

1 Like

Hi there, @timlcooley… without knowing how you have your data types set up and assuming you mean you want to show the list on a page in your app, one thought that comes to mind is a repeating group inside of a repeating group. So, you have a repeating group where the data source is a search for users… then, in the first row of that repeating group, you drop another repeating group, and its data source would be a search for profiles that were created by the current cell’s user.

Any of that make sense and do you think it could work for you? Hope it helps.

Best…
Mike

I have a User Type normal.

The other data set is Company Profile

This is how I get the list of the company profile currently: Current cell’s Company Profile’s Company Name

When I try to do it from the user side I can’t find a way to find the Company Profile

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by “do it from the user side,” but it does seem like what I wrote in my initial response would work.

You have users and you have one or more company profiles that are created by a user, right? So, I’m suggesting you get your users into a repeating group, and then you use another repeating group to do a search for company profiles that were created by each cell’s user.

Another way you could go is to have a field on the User data type that is a list of company profiles. So, any time a user creates a profile, you add that profile to the user’s list of profiles. If you did that, you would have a list that is accessible “from the user side.”

If what I’ve written still doesn’t help, it would be good if you could share some screenshots or a link to your editor so I (or someone else) can try to help by getting a peek under the hood.

Best…
Mike