Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

How to create Express accounts in Stripe using Bubble's API Connector

I was looking for a way to use Stripe Connect and Bubble.io with Express accounts. I came across a few links on the forum here of people getting stuck with this in the past:

Finally after a bit of tinkering, I created a tutorial video walking through the steps to connect to Stripe Connect using Bubble’s API connector.

If using the API Connector feels overwhelming at this time, a plugin that would allow you to create Express accounts is the “Stripe Marketplace Express Plugin for Bubble” by @ZeroqodeTeam 💳 Stripe Marketplace Express Checkout + SCA 3D Secure - New Plugin from Zeroqode

3 Likes

Hello, @lifeofmle

First of all, thank you for creating such an informative video. You did a great job :slightly_smiling_face: :pray:

Also, thanks a lot for tagging us and mentioning our plugin “Stripe Marketplace Express Plugin for Bubble”

We always advise all our users to check its Demo page and Documentation, where you can find a detailed description of each functionality:
https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/stripe-marketplace-express-plugin

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Are you not able to do Connect Express with the standard Stripe plugin from Bubble?

That’s a good question. In theory this action uses Stripe Connect to connect Stripe - Bubble Docs. However personally I didn’t get it to work.

Also I needed to ensure that that the bank account type “au_becs_debit_payments” for Australia was enabled and I didn’t see that option in existing free Stripe plugins.

Hi Michael - Thanks for the video, very helpful. I followed your video, but I am stuck on Step 2, Create Onboard link. When I initialise the call, I get the following message:

Raw response for the API
Status code 400
{
“error”: {
“message”: “You requested an account link for an account that is not connected to your platform or does not exist.”,
“type”: “invalid_request_error”
}
}

Any idea what this could be?

Many thanks

Thanks for taking the time to watch the video and reach out regarding this issue. I will look into this over the next 2 weeks.

1 Like

Thanks very much

When initializing a call from within the API connector it can get tricky because you are making a call to Stripe itself so sending fake/invalid data could result in error.

For example if you tried to enter the exact values as I have it in the video at this part, then it wouldn’t work for you because this account exists in my test Stripe environment. I ran into this problem too when I was trying to learn this from other Stripe tutorials.

To get around this what you could do is to do the following in the API Connector plugin:

• Go to the function “Create Express Account”

• Click on “Manually enter API response”

• Enter the following code below into the text box

{
    “object”: “account_link”,
    “created”: 1627742567,
    “expires_at”: 1627742867,
    “url”: “https://connect.stripe.com/express/onboarding/YEAp4NK0GI0Y
    }

• Click “Save”

That should help you get up the call setup to work properly for Bubble’s workflows

1 Like

Hi Michael! Thank you very much for the tutorial, it has been very helpful, however, it keeps showing the same error message, could you please upload a screenshot on how to add these lines of code to the API response?

@pennygum I have revisited the video and I created a new video on using Stripe with destination and direct charges for Express accounts.

I wanted to address the question around the error of “an account that is not connected to your platform”. After creating an account, the account number should be able to be obtained. Here is a video of me getting the account number in Stripe https://youtu.be/XufSW-03uJ0?t=552.