How to Create Relationship Levels between Contacts in Bubble.io?

Hi everyone,

I’m currently building a social media app using Bubble.io, and I’m facing a challenge in establishing relationship levels between contacts. Here’s what I’m trying to achieve:

1. A direct connection between two contacts should be considered a “1st level connection.”
  2. If two contacts have a common contact who is their 1st level connection, they should be considered “2nd level connections.”

I would greatly appreciate your guidance on how to implement this feature in Bubble.io. Specifically, I’m looking for insights on:

• How to structure the data types and fields for contacts and connections.
  • The most efficient way to identify and establish the different relationship levels.
  • Any best practices or recommended workflows for handling these types of connections.

If anyone has tackled a similar challenge or has expertise in Bubble.io, your help would be invaluable. Thank you in advance for your support!

1 Like

Hello there!

While it is possible to implement this in the Bubble database, it is important to note that you may encounter performance issues. It would be more advisable to consider utilizing graph databases for this particular data structure.

However, if you still prefer to use Bubble, you can bring the data into the platform via API.