How to delete comments related to post?

How do you delete comments related to a post?

Just use a ‘delete a thing’ workflow, with the ‘thing’ being the comment you want to delete.

If you want to delete ALL comments at once, then either use a ‘delete a list of things’ action, or run a backend workflow on a list of things, or a recursive backend workflow - depending on the number of comments that need to be deleted.

a) If your post has a list of comments, then set that list to … nothing.
b) If you comments have a link to the relevant post … delete a list. Or better still … do that in the back end rather than in the page workflow.

I have created comments within its own data called comments and linked it with post = post. So then linked the post with comments = comments(list) to show a list of comments only related to this post… Now I wanted the creator of the comment to be able to delete their comments related only to that post?..

Hi Nigel, I have created comments within its own data called comments and linked it with post = post. So then linked the post with comments = comments(list) to show a list of comments only related to this post… Now I wanted the creator of the comment to be able to delete their comments related only to that post?

Ah ok.

So what you want to do is (assuming you have a list of comments, and a delete button)…

The delete button only shows when comment’s creator is current user.

And then just delete that comment. It will disappear from the list on the post too.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.