How to display content of a linked datatype on a page

I am trying to display content of a linked sub datatype on a page with a type of content. Here’s what I have:

Page with Type Content - Post… Display the content of Post Content on the page. I have tried everything I know but can’t get it to work. The content from the Post Content is within Groups on the page.

I would appreciate any suggestions .

Thanks in advance.

Current Page Post’s Post Content

Thanks for the prompt response. This is exactly what I have currently and for some reason, it didn’t work as of yesterday. I just checked the page and now it works, not sure what’s happening.

Thanks so much for your help.

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion… while that works, this is not what I am trying to achieve. The content I am trying to display on the page is linked to the main datatype on the page which is set to the main datatype Type of Content- Post. Post Content is linked to Post datatype.

I don’t understand what you mean?

What are you trying to display? And why can’t you display it?

What is your database structure?

Here’s the database structure in simple terms.

@adamhholmes
Post Content linked to Post

Page Type of Content = Post

Display Post Content on Post Page with Type of Content set to Post

I’m still not to sure what you mean?..

Do you mean you have a Post field on your Post Content Datatype?

Or a Post Content Field on your Post datatype?

Post field on Post Content datatype

Post Content - Field = Post

In that case just do a search for Post Contents who’s Post is the Current Page’s Post (first item).

That said, that’s not really the best way to do it, and will be slightly slower and cost more in WU.

It’s more efficient (and simpler) to have a Post Content field on the Post datatype and just refer to the current page post’s post content.

I tried the Do a Search - First item, for some reason that didn’t work, not sure why. Its just pulling or displaying the first item for every post. Let me try your other suggestion, from what I’ve learned though, doing it that way means bubble would load all the content from the Post datatype including the Post Content linked to Post. For example if you’re using a RG to display just a subset of the fields within Post, it will also load Post Content which could slow down the experience for users.

from what I’ve learned though, doing it that way means bubble would load all the content from the Post datatype including the Post Content linked to Post. For example if you’re using a RG to display just a subset of the fields within Post, it will also load Post Content which could slow down the experience for users.

If that’s what you’ve learned, you’ve learned wrong… that’s not correct.

Watch this when you get a chance https://youtu.be/t3p1DZyHJnc

Watch this when you get a chance https://youtu.be/t3p1DZyHJnc

No thanks,

although based on who’s on the video, I’d guess you misunderstood what they were saying.

But don’t take my word for it (or anyone else’s for that matter)… you can (and should) use your browser dev tools to see what data is being loaded when. You’ll see, plain as day, that what you said in your previous post is factually incorrect.

In any case, that video is 18 months old, so any references to do with performance will be based on the old Capacity model.

Now that there is no capacity, and pricing is based on WU, much of what was true a year ago, is no longer true (in many cases it’s the opposite).

But to re-iterate and correct your misunderstanding - data from a connected datatype IS NOT loaded when the parent Datatype is loaded… the connected datatype field is nothing more than a short text (the Unique ID). Off course, if you reference data from the connected datatype, then that thing will be loaded - but that’s still more WU efficient than doing a search.

This does not work

Thanks again for all your help, I truly appreciate it.

Well you’re obviously doing something wrong… but no one can help here without a lot more info,…

so feel free to share some screenshots and/or a link to your editor if you want someone to take a look.