How to display total number of upvotes and downvotes using a pie chart

Hi there,

I’ve got a database set up that lets you upvote or downvote an item.

As you can see above the number of Downvotes is - 4 and the number of Upvotes is - 1.

I’m using bubbles free chart plugin to display a pie chart to display a pie chart that shows 4:1 but I’m not having much luck writing my expression.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction as I’ve scoured youtube and google and there aren’t many examples for the pie chart. There’s lots on bar and line but very little for pie.

Thanks!

Hi there, @frazer.findlater… after playing around with this one for a while, I think the punchline is that what you are trying to do can’t be done with Bubble’s chart plugin (I didn’t try any other plugins). As you may know by now, the plugin wants to look at a number field across a list of things and compare each thing’s number to the sum of the numbers across the things. Because you don’t have a list but instead are trying to use two numbers that are stored on the same thing, well, it just won’t work.

It would be great if someone comes along and proves me wrong, but I tried all kinds of hacky ways to get the chart to work with a single thing, and I couldn’t figure it out. So, I know this response doesn’t help you to accomplish what you are trying to do, but it might help to know you’re not alone in not being able to figure it out (if it’s even possible). :slight_smile:

Best…
Mike

Thanks for the reply @mikeloc . Yeah it wasn’t until I found this video on youtube (albeit in German) - that I couldn’t select multiple fields in my DB. Luckily I found this plugin - Simple Doughnut Chart Plugin | Bubble - which did exactly what I’m after!

Thanks again for replying Mike!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.