How to hide messages the same way -bubble- store passwords?

We as a clients using any chat in relation with personal things, we will start thinking about if messages is stored securely not just from users, and maybe this is rarely happens.

How exactly we can store as a password?

Bubble stores your users passwords for you. You shouldn’t try to store these credentials yourself anytime you can avoid it.

From your question I’m assuming you’re not a information security expert not have extensive knowledge of programming. Most of us don’t, it’s ok. But that also means we need to leave authentication and password storage to the experts to protect our users and engage in more ethical coding practices.

sorry for misunderstanding, I meant the (chat) messages the same way how bubble store passwords.

1 Like

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

You can encrypt messages while they are in rest. With plugins.

Also

Using privacy settings will help lock these down even further. You could restrict each message to be accessible only be the creator and receiver.

So ideally you’ve both encrypted and locked down the data

I will give it a try when i finish other functionalities, thank you for your effort.
“Using privacy settings will help lock these down even further. You could restrict each message to be accessible only be the creator and receiver.” Privacy conditions in the DB

I thought i can store messages the same way bubble restrict passwords, and more such as to make ‘Message’ not visible in the DB.

Not at all unfortunately. Not in bubbles dB.

Encrypting the data at rest would be ideal though

Are your users worried about you reading the messages?

Most admins can access data in their dbs, they just don’t

I know that i will not access, but you could.
As a client i will not like that, and it’s from my side anxiety not users.

I understand what you’re saying. I built an app for my employer and we had similar concerns but at the end of the day nobody else ended up knowing I built it and we haven’t heard any question about if someone is looking.

If you’re in doubt, encrypt it yourself with a plugin or JavaScript! You got this!!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experience.
When i built it, immediately the worries knocks but wasting time is not that great.
So i put this task aside, now i am somehow feel the importance of much more securing.

1 Like