How to improve performance when searching database and creating things

Hi there,

My app has the following:

• A spreadsheet of type “ActivityData”. The spreadsheet includes about 1000 “Activities” (rows), with about 20 pieces of data for each Activity, and an ActivityCode that is used to identify each activity.
  • I also have things of type “Activity”. Activities are created for each user, and as I have it now, the Activity is created by doing a lot of searches on ActivityData for each piece of data that I want in the Activity.
  • To create an individual Activity, I have the app search ActivityData and matching on column ActivityCode. It has to do this search about 20 times to create each Activity and this is taking some processing time.
  • Further, when a new user creates an account, I want to create a lot of Activities for them all at once, lets say 100+ Activities. I am trying to run an API workflow to go through ActivityData by sending a list of ActivityCodes, and then creating an Activity for each matching ActivityCode. This takes a really long time to run.

My questions:

1. Is the general approach sound, having a spreadsheet database uploaded into bubble and then searching that spreadsheet to create each Activity?

2. Is there an alternative approach whereby I somehow create a lot of Activities in the background of the app, and then when a new user signs up I simply change the “User” field for these Activities that have already been created? Would this lead to significantly better performance?

3. If I stick with the current methodology of referencing the ActivityData spreadsheet to create a series of Activities, can I have this run “in the background” so that the User doesn’t notice or experience performance issues while the Activities are being created?

Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions on how to improve my data structure, thanks!

Ken

@kenneth.ettinger - not sure if you’ve found an answer to this issue.

The way you describe it, I think isn’t a sound approach. Without knowing more details, its hard to say how you could optimize the data structure but they way it is now, looks like you are going to have performance issues. Can you provide more background on the use case and the problem you’re trying to solve?

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.