Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

How to make a checklist

Hello Bubble,

I need help with a checklist I’m building. The goal is to allow users to select from a checkbox list of social media platforms. When they click a button, the selected options will create a new thing for each selected option. Right now, I’m struggling just to save/reference the selected options.

I’ve created an Option Set called “Social Media”. Under Options, I’ve added the names of the social media platforms I want the user to select from, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.

On the page, I placed a repeatinggroup and populating it with the options from my Option Set. Then I placed Bubble’s native checkbox in it. This works perfectly. Each unique option appears next to its checkbox.

However, the problem comes when I select a few options and click the Save button, it saves ALL of the options anyway, including the ones that I did NOT select. I cannot seem to only save the ones that were selected.

My plan is to use the selected options to create a new thing in my app for each option. So I need this selected feature to work. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Hey @randreas

Thanks for the post! And great question!

You might want to use a custom state for this to save the list of selected items. When you click save, instead of reading from the repeating group’s list, you’ll read the custom state’s list as it’ll only have the selected items.

Happy to walk you through this, but one of our power users has an incredible video on this here.

Give it a watch and don’t hesitate to reach out with any additional questions to [email protected]

1 Like