Basically the title, I want to make a workflow repeat itself when it finishes. How do I do this?
- Make it an backend workflow or custom event
- Have a condition at the end of it that schedules the same backend workflow or custom event it if e.g. x<3
- Update x every time you run a workflow
- Be really careful not to repeat it indefinitely
What condition it would be?
Thanks a lot!
Well, I have not had a use case personally for this yet but if I had to do it I would have a simple field Count on the Data Type you want to make changes on and let’s say you want to repeat the workflow on this Thing 3 times:
- Have a default Count = 0
- Every time the workflows go through update the Count= Count+1
- Have condition that only runs the workflow if the Count is <= 3. (same condition on the scheduling action but there you should use it as "Results of Step X…Count <=3 as a backup)
So I would do it like that, but of course if you try doing it, test it out to make sure it isn’t looping indefinitely on edge cases
Awesome bro! Thanks a lot!
I will try it!
This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.