How to manipulate data from database and perform calculations

Hello all,

I’m trying to install a calculator in my mobile application, which gives me a certain score based on values in the database.

Specifically, I would like to enter demographic data on a specific page which stores the data in the database.
On another page I want to retrieve the data stored in the database and assign the values to a point scale, sum them up and then output the point value - similar to this page: https://www.msdmanuals.com/medical-calculators/GRACEScore.htm.

Does anyone here have experience with this?

Glad to have your help,

Ivan

You can create option set for each options and define values for the corresponding options as attributes. You can calculate the value in the workflow.

Hi @kazimdgoni ,

thanks a lot for your reply! I created an option set for age and defined the age ranges with different attributes (see attached screenshot).

Have I done this correctly?
Now I don’t quite understand how to link these option sets with the age and the respective points?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Ivan

I think your options organization is not right. I have build a sample one for you. Here are the screenshots. Along with calculation

Screenshot_38

Screenshot_36
Screenshot_39
Screenshot_40

Screenshot_44
Screenshot_45
Screenshot_46
Screenshot_47

You can follow this for the rest of options. Hope this helps.

Hello @kazimdgoni

first of all many many thanks for your efforts!
I could now reproduce this and that worked great, thanks!
I still have one question.
In my form I enter the patient age as “free text” or “free values”.
Unfortunately, I could not find on option for this in the option sets.
Can I also define in an input field that numbers between 50-59 get e.g. 18 points? Or do I have to do this via dropdown menu?

Thank you,

Ivan

You are most welcome.

Hi, I think I am not understanding this. Can you please be a little more descriptive.

And since the above solution solve the problem can you please mark it as solved for others with similar problems, to make it a solution for them.

Hi @kazimdgoni ,

thank you for your reply.
Instead of choosing the numer (age) from a drop-down value, I would like to type the age inside a field. According to this number I would like to define the points of the score.
See screenshot below.

CleanShot 2023-02-22 at 13.24.02

Thank you very much for your patience!

Ivan

I found a workaround. Here are the screenshots below. See if it works for you.

Screenshot_55

2 Likes

This worked perfectly @kazimdgoni !
Thanks a lot for your effort in helping me with my issue!

You have done it! :+1:
Good luck to your Bubble journey :heart:

1 Like